Windows 10: Explorer & icons updating/displaying correct - Cred Mngr not working

Discus and support Explorer & icons updating/displaying correct - Cred Mngr not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having some issues on my Windows 10 that seems to be getting worse. I do not know if they are related or 3 separate issues. This is my work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by awioa, Oct 26, 2017.

1. awioa Win User

Explorer & icons updating/displaying correct - Cred Mngr not working

I am having some issues on my Windows 10 that seems to be getting worse. I do not know if they are related or 3 separate issues. This is my work computer so I am on it everyday.

WINDOWS EXPLORER
    My explorer does not auto update. If I delete, rename, or create files or icons I cannot see them in the folders or desktop unless I hit F5 to refresh.

ICON PROPERTIES
    This issue gets corrected when I reboot my PC but it comes back sometime during the day. Due to the work I do, I change the target on my icons depending on the customer I am working with. It would be helpful to see the wording consistently. (see attached picture: This is what I get when I right click on my icons)

Explorer & icons updating/displaying correct - Cred Mngr not working [​IMG]

CREDENTIAL MANAGER
    The credential manager will let me set up credentials but when a program goes to look at it I get messages that say "Windows Logon credentials are unavailable"

I would appreciate any help resolving these issues. Please let me know if you need more information. I apologize if these have been answered somewhere already. I wasn't sure what to call or search for.

:)

awioa, Oct 26, 2017
  2. J.Clement Win User

Explorer in Win 10 stopped contents in icon, or previewing on new TIF files, incorrect count

Win 10 explorer displays existing TIF icons properly, and can preview the picture. But I just added 7 more to the existing 21 and the new ones will not preview, or display the contents inside the icon. I tried converting one of the TIFs to a jpg, and that
    showed the large icon contents properly, but still would not display.

In addition I selected the 21 original TIF files and the selected count is only 1, but the total file count is a correct 30 on the status line at the bottom of the explorer window. Right clicking on properties gave the correct count.

I have tried changing the display format to list and back to large icons, clicking on the refresh button at the top of the window and none of these fixed the problem. Win 7 worked OK before the upgrade.

Now going to some other folders, existing icons are not displaying properly!!!!!!

Explorer has loads of problems, so How do I fix the icon problem????? or is there a patch for it??????

J.Clement, Oct 26, 2017
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    Can I change a Word doc icon?

Unfortunately, you can't because the icon is not for a shortcut. Instead, Windows Explorer chooses the 'correct' icon to display based on the program that opens the file.

aakkam22, Oct 26, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Is this work computer from you place of business? If so, then that's something you will need to take up with your works IT department.

Plankton, Oct 26, 2017
  5. awioa Win User
    LOL, we are our own IT.

awioa, Oct 26, 2017
  6. awioa Win User
    I am still seeking help on this

awioa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer & icons updating/displaying correct - Cred Mngr not working - Similar Threads - Explorer icons updating

2. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Displaying Correctly: My desktop icons have suddenly become spaced very far apart. They've also developed a huge box around them when highlighted see screenshot & they can't be placed in the lower 1/3 of the desktop. I've tried changing the size, align to grid on & off, rebuilding the icon cache,...
  3. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons Not Displaying Correctly: My desktop icons have suddenly become spaced very far apart. They've also developed a huge box around them when highlighted see screenshot & they can't be placed in the lower 1/3 of the desktop. I've tried changing the size, align to grid on & off, rebuilding the icon cache,...
  4. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder icon is not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder icon is not displayed correctly: Hi, some of my folder icons arent displaying as they should. I've tried deleting the icon cache but to no avail. In addition, I've tried moving my files in the folder into another new folder, the new folder's icon became defective and the original icon has returned to normal....
  6. Folder icon is not displayed correctly

Folder icon is not displayed correctly: Hi, some of my folder icons arent displaying as they should. I've tried deleting the icon cache but to no avail. In addition, I've tried moving my files in the folder into another new folder, the new folder's icon became defective and the original icon has returned to normal....
  7. Network icon not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network icon not displayed correctly: The network icon on the taskbar is displayed as a world. In the Wi-Fi connection it does not show the antennas and in the LAN connection it does not show the computer icon. But the most extreme thing is that I have normal internet browsing with my provider in Colombia. But...
  8. Network icon not displayed correctly

Network icon not displayed correctly: The network icon on the taskbar is displayed as a world. In the Wi-Fi connection it does not show the antennas and in the LAN connection it does not show the computer icon. But the most extreme thing is that I have normal internet browsing with my provider in Colombia. But...
  9. Network icon not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.: [IMG]I found this article of someone with the same issue but their steps were inconclusive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-displaying-correctly/212c2c36-106d-4e8a-b0f2-cb7988de15ef