Windows 10: Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

Discus and support Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Atleast that is what I think is happening. I got the OK to upgrade to win10 from win7 on my laptop.. I went through the prossess as instructed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RabidPanda, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

Atleast that is what I think is happening. I got the OK to upgrade to win10 from win7 on my laptop.. I went through the prossess as instructed and everything seemed to be going just fine. Then when my lesktop came to life...it was good for a few min..then explore started crashing...the UI is useless, I cant do anything. I tried some of the trouble shooting techniques I found out on the interwebs...but none of them work and all of them require me to somehow access some portions of the OS.. E.g> the command prompt. I cant get there because the UI goes loco. I have attached a video of what is happening.. any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

:)

RabidPanda, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - explorer.exe High CPU Usage During File Transfer

It's the end of Jan 2016 and I have the exact same problem with my Laptop. Although I notice the CPU running over 40% constantly with Windows Explorer after upgrading from Windows 7. Also Explorer Crashes constantly.

Did anyone get a resolution to this?

RandyAbraham, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Explorer Crashes constantly - Work Folders

I just want to share a discovery to help anyone out there on the internet. Just giving back since these forums have helped me greatly over the years.

Problem:

The other day we migrated a user from Win7 to Win10. Whenever the user would logon, explorer would crash constantly and you couldn't do anything. However, if other users logged on it wasn't a problem. If that user logged onto a different Win10 system,
    the problem would follow him.

Solution:

We use Work Folders with Win10 anniversary addition at our company. We have had great success with Work Folders with a bump or two in the road but still very satisfied. It turns out, this person had a shortcut that pointed to an invalid network location
    that was trying to sync down to his Work Folders folder. I should also mention that we have redirected the desktop to point to a Desktop folder in Work Folders. For some reason I am unsure of, this shortcut was causing Explorer to crash. Since Work Folders
    was constantly trying to sync it down from the network, explorer was constantly crashing since the file copy was never successful. After identifying the problem shortcut and deleting it, the crashing has stopped.

Notes:

In event viewer, I not only saw explorer.exe crashing but also searchUI.exe.

I doubt anyone else will run into this very odd issue but if you do I hope this helps.

Rich Wright, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

1. Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Explorer constantly crashing

2. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  3. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  4. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  5. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  6. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing: Here is my system info:Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎12/‎4/‎2020 OS build 19044.1645 Experience Windows Feature...
  8. Windows Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer constantly crashing: Hi all, I've been dealing with a problem of Explorer constantly crashing for the last day or two - if I attempt to open any file or folder within explorer, or a folder opens and it attempts to load information on that file, Windows Explorer crashes. If I attempt to right...
  9. Bluetooth Constantly gives error 43 after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Constantly gives error 43 after Win10 upgrade: I upgraded to windows 10 (clean install) from windows 7, and have a AC7260 intel wifi/bluetooth adapter. Ever since upgrading I get random bluetooth disconnects. Checking device manager, the error that is listed is error 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  10. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...