Windows 10: Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

Discus and support Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Atleast that is what I think is happening. I got the OK to upgrade to win10 from win7 on my laptop.. I went through the prossess as instructed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RabidPanda, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

Atleast that is what I think is happening. I got the OK to upgrade to win10 from win7 on my laptop.. I went through the prossess as instructed and everything seemed to be going just fine. Then when my lesktop came to life...it was good for a few min..then explore started crashing...the UI is useless, I cant do anything. I tried some of the trouble shooting techniques I found out on the interwebs...but none of them work and all of them require me to somehow access some portions of the OS.. E.g> the command prompt. I cant get there because the UI goes loco. I have attached a video of what is happening.. any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

:)

RabidPanda, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - explorer.exe High CPU Usage During File Transfer

It's the end of Jan 2016 and I have the exact same problem with my Laptop. Although I notice the CPU running over 40% constantly with Windows Explorer after upgrading from Windows 7. Also Explorer Crashes constantly.

Did anyone get a resolution to this?

RandyAbraham, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Explorer Crashes constantly - Work Folders

I just want to share a discovery to help anyone out there on the internet. Just giving back since these forums have helped me greatly over the years.

Problem:

The other day we migrated a user from Win7 to Win10. Whenever the user would logon, explorer would crash constantly and you couldn't do anything. However, if other users logged on it wasn't a problem. If that user logged onto a different Win10 system,
    the problem would follow him.

Solution:

We use Work Folders with Win10 anniversary addition at our company. We have had great success with Work Folders with a bump or two in the road but still very satisfied. It turns out, this person had a shortcut that pointed to an invalid network location
    that was trying to sync down to his Work Folders folder. I should also mention that we have redirected the desktop to point to a Desktop folder in Work Folders. For some reason I am unsure of, this shortcut was causing Explorer to crash. Since Work Folders
    was constantly trying to sync it down from the network, explorer was constantly crashing since the file copy was never successful. After identifying the problem shortcut and deleting it, the crashing has stopped.

Notes:

In event viewer, I not only saw explorer.exe crashing but also searchUI.exe.

I doubt anyone else will run into this very odd issue but if you do I hope this helps.

Rich Wright, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade

1. Explorer is constantly crashing after Win10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Explorer constantly crashing

2. Constant crashing / bad_module_info.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant crashing / bad_module_info.: I'm constantly crashing in games. This error code is from Warhammer: Vermantide 2. About once every 10min. In event viewer i get this: Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time...
  3. My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade: I've tested the memory for hours (ran for almost a day on multiple occasions) and it always passes. I've tested the SSDs (now on the 2nd one for my OS drive and both test out perfectly), running the latest NVidia drivers and even have messed with a few rollback options. Done...
  4. Constant Game crashes

Constant Game crashes: I am having issues that started about a week ago. Any time I play a game the game freezes and crashes, sometimes the entire PC crashes and restarts. I have been playing these games (ESO and World of Warships mainly) for a while and nothing has changed in the game. I even ran...
  5. Laptop constantly crashing.

Laptop constantly crashing.: https://imgur.com/a/tSlWlM9 - photo album of the error messages I’ve managed to capture. Recently, for about a week now, my Asus UX360C Notebook PC has been constantly freezing up and crashing, often right on startup. Occassionally, my laptop will display an error message...
  6. BSOD Win10 constantly crashing (culprit, ntoskrnl.exe?)

BSOD Win10 constantly crashing (culprit, ntoskrnl.exe?): I was short on cash when my desktop PC died so I bought a chinese Mini PC with great specs and performance for its cost (Beelink BT7), unfortunately it keeps crashing (BSOD), it can be while I surf a webpage, watch a video online, watch a video on the pc, clicking on Cortana...
  7. Bluetooth Constantly gives error 43 after Win10 upgrade & Clean Instal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Constantly gives error 43 after Win10 upgrade & Clean Instal: How Can i Resolve It?? 35003
  8. Bluetooth Constantly gives error 43 after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Constantly gives error 43 after Win10 upgrade: I upgraded to windows 10 (clean install) from windows 7, and have a AC7260 intel wifi/bluetooth adapter. Ever since upgrading I get random bluetooth disconnects. Checking device manager, the error that is listed is error 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  9. constant/ numerous crashes

constant/ numerous crashes: Hello, Like so many others I have crashing issues. Crashes under many circumstances. While watching video, looking at a web page, etc. These are what I am getting all the time, 4 and 5 crashes a day: System Service Exception (Win32) K-mode exception not handled Reference...
  10. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...