Windows 10: Explorer is laggy

Discus and support Explorer is laggy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey i am Evan And i m having problem in my laptop, the problem is that the explorer is not working like when i click on music.mp3 or video.mp4 it lags... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvanGamer2021, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Explorer is laggy

Hey i am Evan And i m having problem in my laptop, the problem is that the explorer is not working like when i click on music.mp3 or video.mp4 it lags and not respond windows 10 ram 8gb

:)

EvanGamer2021, Aug 15, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 15, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Aug 15, 2021
  4. arthr Win User

Explorer is laggy

graphics on my PC have been super laggy

Hi everyone, have been trying to follow this thread and have tried most things but now feel like I've exhausted most efforts..

Since updating to 19041.630 the graphics on my PC have been super laggy, I've tried to do a repair install from USB, have run SFC/DISM a million times but keep getting "Problem with BITS service... HELPMSG 2182.." in the troubleshooting.

Any suggestions from this initial bit of info.. my next step will be a clean install *Party

arthr, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

Explorer is laggy

1. Explorer is laggy - Similar Threads - Explorer laggy

2. Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt: Hi, I updated from win 10 to 11 and did it with a clean install. Created a usb setup with creation tool. Sadly having a performance problem when accessing to my Nas or mounted veracrypt volume. When browsing through files on my Nas via smb with pressing arrow down, each...
  3. Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt: Hi, I updated from win 10 to 11 and did it with a clean install. Created a usb setup with creation tool. Sadly having a performance problem when accessing to my Nas or mounted veracrypt volume. When browsing through files on my Nas via smb with pressing arrow down, each...
  4. Windows Explorer laggy after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer laggy after 22H2 update: Hello all,I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 22H2 OS 19045.2846. I ran the full updates on 4-15-2023. Ever since then I noticed that when I click and drag an icon on my desktop, there is a lag. There is a lag when I right click to get the pop up menu. And there is...
  5. Windows Explorer laggy after 22H2 update

Windows Explorer laggy after 22H2 update: Hello all,I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 22H2 OS 19045.2846. I ran the full updates on 4-15-2023. Ever since then I noticed that when I click and drag an icon on my desktop, there is a lag. There is a lag when I right click to get the pop up menu. And there is...
  6. Windows Explorer laggy after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Explorer is Dangerously Laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer is Dangerously Laggy: I thought KB5007215 was supposed to improve Windows Explorer lag, but it hasn't.F11 fullscreen works to reduce lag and so does frigging the registry to remove the new Windows Explorer header, but to be honest, I am seriously considering downgrading back to Windows 10.Windows...
  8. Windows Explorer is Dangerously Laggy

Windows Explorer is Dangerously Laggy: I thought KB5007215 was supposed to improve Windows Explorer lag, but it hasn't.F11 fullscreen works to reduce lag and so does frigging the registry to remove the new Windows Explorer header, but to be honest, I am seriously considering downgrading back to Windows 10.Windows...
  9. 16gb ram 50% idle usage incredibly laggy onedrive/file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16gb ram 50% idle usage incredibly laggy onedrive/file explorer: I recently got an alienware aurora r10 gaming pc around in July. Here are my specs. The ram usable is around 50% idle which is not normal. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Here is my task manager idle. [ATTACH] File explorer is also incredibly laggy at times. Especially when that green...
  10. Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open: As per title. I use multiple virtual desktops and I switch between them clicking the Task View button (yes I know about Ctrl+Win+Arrow I use that too). The longer explorer is running the more laggy opening up Task View becomes, until it gets unbearably slow. At which point...