Windows 10: Explorer is missing from task manager

Discus and support Explorer is missing from task manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AladdinMs, Feb 4, 2023.

1. AladdinMs Win User

Explorer is missing from task manager

Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced but its value is 0. Should this be 1?

:)

AladdinMs, Feb 4, 2023

2. icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 4, 2023
  3. tttony Win User
    *SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

In Procces Explorer: Options -> Disable: Replace Task Manager

tttony, Feb 4, 2023
  4. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Explorer is missing from task manager - Similar Threads - Explorer missing task

2. SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager: My searchUI.exe file is missing in the task manager and Windows search does not work.I tried to do the following but it did not...
  3. SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager: My searchUI.exe file is missing in the task manager and Windows search does not work.I tried to do the following but it did not...
  4. SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  6. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  7. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Explorer is missing from task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer is missing from task manager: Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in...
  9. Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager: I'm using windows 10, I opened task manager to end task explorer.exe but I accidentally clicked on "end process tree" now my desktop is gone and the taskbar menu too. I can't re-open task manager even with the shortcut ctrl+shift+esc . When I press power button on my laptop,...
  10. Missing app in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing app in Task Manager: Hello, all. I am using the Arduino IDE for programming and the app is not showing up in the Task Manager. I have rebooted several times and it has not solved the problem. In order to close the program, I have to completely reboot the computer. I cannot find anything online...