Windows 10: explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.

Discus and support explorer is not launching on windows cold start up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On starting my laptop from a complete shut down and logging in, i only see a command shell window, i have to run explorer.exe in the command shell for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaneChin1, Feb 2, 2020.

1. explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.

On starting my laptop from a complete shut down and logging in, i only see a command shell window, i have to run explorer.exe in the command shell for it to come up.

any suggestions on a fix? or what is possibly causing the problem?

:)

ShaneChin1, Feb 2, 2020

2. Can't launch file explorer following update to Windows 10

I started with the steps recommended by Kapil Arya. Part way through I switched to your suggestions and the File Explorer launched following a reboot following step3.

ShockwaveFlash, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

explorer is not launching on windows cold start up.

1. explorer is not launching on windows cold start up. - Similar Threads - explorer launching cold

2. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...
  3. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...
  4. Windows 10 - Cold Start

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Cold Start: Question: When I first power up my laptop, I get the background screen. When I access the mouse or touch the trackpad my screen flashes wildly. I got to reboot the laptop, and everything is resolved; the problem disappears. -- Quite baffling ?? -- Anyone ever encountered...
  5. BSOD on cold start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold start up: Hi, I just put together a new desktop. I5 9600k Aorus Z390 Ultra 16 gb ram @3200 Mhz Recently I have been getting BSOD on cold start up. Usually, the system would reboot and it be stable thereafter. I have the dump files hosted here....
  6. Excel launching on start up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel launching on start up: Anyone find office apps launching on start up recently? It’s doing it on both our machines. We have 365 and use excel most. We always ensure the program is shut when doing shutdown. It’s a small issue but slightly irritating to see it launch when logging in 134523
  7. BSOD every cold start

BSOD every cold start: Hi, I'm getting BSOD every cold start of my PC every day. After rebooting everything runs fine. The system is new (it was built a week ago). memtest86 showed no errors and clean windows reinstall didn't help as well. Yesterday I updated all drivers/BIOS via MSI live...
  8. BSOD on cold start up

BSOD on cold start up: Hi The BSOD, that happens on a cold start up (when the computer has been turned off overnight) has been happening on random occasions ever since I built the computer. I've reinstalled windows, twice. I had thought it might be a hardware issue and have checked each stick of...
  9. Cold Start Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold Start Freeze: When performing a cold start, the windows logo appears but nothing happens. If I reboot (Hold in the start button) and wait a few seconds, then repress the start button, Windows-10 loads. Why is this? 24306
  10. Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.: Whenever I shut down my computer, I always have this problem. The Windows 10 insignia and the loading circle beneath will appear, then the screen will fade to black, and then my monitor says it can't detect my computer. I then have to unplug my computer from the outlet...