Windows 10: Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin

Discus and support Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Greetings, I've noticed two somethings in Windows 10 for ages. I'm wondering if it's normal and the way things are. I'm using the latest of everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by The Pool Man, May 17, 2018.

1. Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin

Greetings,

I've noticed two somethings in Windows 10 for ages. I'm wondering if it's normal and the way things are. I'm using the latest of everything but no betas.

FOLDER CONTENTS COUNT WRONG

Suppose I want to know how many items are in the Documents folder. Or how much space it eats on my hard drive. If the Docs folder has folders within it, and those have folders and items within it, the system... urm... gets lazy after a certain point and doesn't offer a complete read.

My wife had a folder within the Documents folder that's 15GBs of info. If you asked Explorer how big the Docs folder is you get 1.75 GBs. Not even close.

Possibly related

EMPTYING RECYCLE BIN

Suppose you have 40 items in the bin. When I click the 'Empty' button quite often it only removes so many and then, again, gets lazy and doesn't finish. If I re-open that same folder it's then clear.

Is this normal Window behavior? Does your system do this?

:)

The Pool Man, May 17, 2018
  2. HairyFool Win User

Recycle Bin

Open File Explorer

In the Path bar at the top of the folder list to the right of the small icon the is an Arrow head pointing right. Click on it and it points down with a folder list including the Recycle bin.

HairyFool, May 18, 2018
  3. Recycle Bin issues in Windows 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you able to search and find Recycle Bin in Start Menu?

• What is the status when you click on Recycle Bin?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

Reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 18, 2018
Thema:

Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin

1. Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin - Similar Threads - Explorer Issues Content

2. Recycle Bin Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Issues: I'm not sure exactly when it started happening, but now my computer appears to be emptying my recycle bin whenever I shut down. I am beyond frustrated, because sometimes I find I need to see something I deleted a couple days prior. I have checked the settings and they all...
  3. Recycle bin Issue ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin Issue ?: Last month I looked at my recycle bin and it has over 7,000 files in it. Each time I went to empty the bin it would crash and leave all the files so I had to go through individually and delete the files. But now it seems that files keep popping back up in the recycle bin even...
  4. Recycle Bin in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin in File Explorer: Hello, New issue here, Recycle Bin is sitting on the desktop's lower right corner as a shortcut icon, and that's OK, I set it so . Not OK, its also in the file explorer under each drive, please see attached screenshot. How do I remove it from the file explorer view. Answers...
  5. Recycle Bin content in search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin content in search results: I was cleaning a second HD with lots of old files, starting with hundreds of images. To make my work easier, I set Explorer to show large icons. After I selected some files and deleted them, they were still there, showing names starting with $ and the Recycle Bin path. So I...
  6. Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents: I have a Bee-link PC running Windows 10, with a SSD Before donating it to someone I would like to permanently erase the Recycle Bin contents if that is possible. I understand that having an SSD it presents difficulties -- could anyone advise me of what software might be...
  7. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  8. Recycle Bin issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin issues: On my Desktop I have a shortcut folder entitled "$Recycle.bin - Shortcut". When I double-click I am told the file is empty (no files listed), yet properties show many GB's in the file. I have undertaken a command prompt to rectify this - the folder was then emptied according...
  9. File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue: Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me with a little annoyance. Basically when I delete files or folders I do not need, file explorer will not refresh or bring up a dialogue box saying "Are you sure you wish to send this file to recycle bin?". When I delete it, the file or...
  10. DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Support
    DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??: I used Unlocker to get rid of ALL the "Protected" Files I had in C:\ temp folder from a NovaBackup Restore. ALL deleted files t into the Recycle Bin. I forgot to change setting in Recycle Bin Properties to Delete files and NOT save them. Well, ALL the files are now in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my file explorere showing within recycle bin