Windows 10: Explorer issues

Discus and support Explorer issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been dealing with multiple explorer issues for a while on a previous install of W10 but haven't been able to fix them on my own. I'm on a brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cinifica, Feb 26, 2021.

1. cinifica Win User

Explorer issues

I've been dealing with multiple explorer issues for a while on a previous install of W10 but haven't been able to fix them on my own. I'm on a brand new install on a completely different SSD than the previous one and still experiencing most of these problems.

One is where none of the options in explorer are able to be used. I have files or images selected and the upper bar is all greyed out.

Another issue is sometimes thumbnails for images just never load even after restarts of the PC or restarting the explorer.exe process. This happens in multiple disk drives and SSD's. Not all on the same drive. I've tried the 'set all icons thing not thumbnails' unchecked nothing changed. I don't know if it matters but I have 32gb of ram and a ryzen 1600. I have maybe 100,000 image files across several drives.

The third is launching a file explorer window loads incredible slow, or just nothing shows up at all and it never ends up loading until it's process is restarted. While I was writing this post this issue happened about half the time I launched the explorer window.

https://imgur.com/a/7R33nWs

:)

cinifica, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Injust Win User

Explorer issues

Windows Explorer Issues

Step 2 gives me
    Explorer issues [​IMG]

Step 3 gives me
    Explorer issues [​IMG]

Injust, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Explorer issues

1. Explorer issues - Similar Threads - Explorer issues

2. File explorer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer issue: This just started: I open Windows File Explorer and can see the files and on the left I can see the recent files and quick access but..... above the files the navigation bar and the tab row is just a grey area - how can I fix this?...
  3. File explorer issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issue: This just started: I open Windows File Explorer and can see the files and on the left I can see the recent files and quick access but..... above the files the navigation bar and the tab row is just a grey area - how can I fix this?...
  4. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  5. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  6. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  7. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  8. How do I fix the issues with my PC Files Explorer "Account disconnected" but it not loading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the issues with my PC Files Explorer "Account disconnected" but it not loading?: Recently I have been having issues with my PC and Microsoft. My files explorer said "Account Disconnected" and when I pressed it, it just loads and doesn't show anything. All it says is a "Just a moment..." loading screen but nothing pops up at all....
  9. How do I fix the issues with my PC Files Explorer "Account disconnected" but it not loading?

How do I fix the issues with my PC Files Explorer "Account disconnected" but it not loading?: Recently I have been having issues with my PC and Microsoft. My files explorer said "Account Disconnected" and when I pressed it, it just loads and doesn't show anything. All it says is a "Just a moment..." loading screen but nothing pops up at all....
  10. Please fix Windows explorer lag issue on Windows 11 22H2 build latest

Please fix Windows explorer lag issue on Windows 11 22H2 build latest: After the January update KB5034204..windows explorer is lagging like a hell.. I need to restart the windows exploere task from task manager in order to use it properly. I am using windows 11 22H2 build. Please microsoft fix this annoying bug immediately.. can't use the...