Windows 10: Explorer keeps crashing

Discus and support Explorer keeps crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll be using my computer then every once in a while explorer will crash and then display the message below and then restart explorer. I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cgrim1985, Jul 25, 2021.

1. cgrim1985 Win User

Explorer keeps crashing

I'll be using my computer then every once in a while explorer will crash and then display the message below and then restart explorer. I'm not sure what is causing it or how to make explorer quit crashing. Error Message: The instruction at 0x0000000002930FD8 referenced memory at 0x0000000002930FD8. The memory cannot be written. Click on OK to terminate the program I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110)

:)

cgrim1985, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jul 25, 2021
  3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Bundy Win User

Explorer keeps crashing

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Explorer keeps crashing

1. Explorer keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps crashing

2. Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing: Hi!I'm having an issue with the Explorer pinned shortcuts in the Taskbar. Whenever I'm trying to open any pinned shortcut in Explorer, it crashes immediately and restarts it. I can tell that this is happening because the Taskbar disappears a few moments before it comes...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing: Hi!I'm having an issue with the Explorer pinned shortcuts in the Taskbar. Whenever I'm trying to open any pinned shortcut in Explorer, it crashes immediately and restarts it. I can tell that this is happening because the Taskbar disappears a few moments before it comes...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  5. Explorer keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  6. Explorer keeps crashing.

Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  7. explore keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  8. explore keeps crashing

explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  9. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing: I am trying to sort several photos from one folder to other folders and while in the process of doing this Explorer keeps restarting. What is causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/c9e3a5ba-6589-4b59-a0a3-0a2768ff7857
  10. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...