Windows 10: Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture

Discus and support Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says, Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture. The thing is that I also have the "Automatically pick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eijirosbf, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture

Like the title says, Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture.

The thing is that I also have the "Automatically pick an accent color" and the "background slideshow" feature disabled (it's on Picture and not Slideshow/Solid Color), so I really don't know why this bug keeps on appearing.

My Windows 10 is also on the newest and best performance.

submitted by /u/eijirosbf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eijirosbf, Dec 1, 2019

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Dec 1, 2019
  3. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

I followed your instructions step by step, restarted the computer, then went to “File Explorer” and opened up my “Pictures” folder I scrolled down about half way and waited for it to jump back to the top. After a minute or two it DID NOT jump back to
    the top. The only problem now is all of my thumbnails of photos are just icons now that look like a small sheet of paper with the top right corner folded over with JPEG written in bold letters through the middle of it.

How do I get the pictures back?

TheJoeCool, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture

1. Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps jumping

2. My background picture keeps changing everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My background picture keeps changing everyday: My background picture keeps changing daily with my lock screen slideshow, I want to keep the background picture as it is and want my lock screen to keep changing daily, FYK I have Windows 11, and I tried everything but to no avail. please help...
  3. My background picture keeps changing everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My background picture keeps changing everyday: My background picture keeps changing daily with my lock screen slideshow, I want to keep the background picture as it is and want my lock screen to keep changing daily, FYK I have Windows 11, and I tried everything but to no avail. please help...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  5. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  6. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...
  8. Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture: Like the title says, Explorer keeps jumping back to top whenever I change my background picture. The thing is that I also have the "Automatically pick an accent color" thing and the "background slideshow" feature disabled (it's on Picture and not Slideshow/Solid Color), so...
  9. Page jumps back to top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page jumps back to top: This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too. Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you scroll down to the picture you want to rename. Highlight that picture, and while you're thinking about what to name it, the...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...