Windows 10: Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

Discus and support Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sulzer685, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

submitted by /u/Sulzer685
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sulzer685, Feb 15, 2020

2. Creating a new folder and right-clicking hangs Explorer for 5-10 seconds

Hi Abhishek,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new folder in File Explorer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error message/ error code when the File Explorer crashes?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform a full system virus scan and check if it helps.

Refer: Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free Virus Scan with the Microsoft Safety ...

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk)
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

• chkdsk / f

• chkdsk /r
    3. You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).

4. Press Y key on the keyboard and press
    Enter key.

5. Restart the computer and check.

Chkdsk disclaimer:
    The Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your
    own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of File Explorer crashing for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Internet explorer comes on for 3 seconds then disappears

Hi Dar,

There are a lot of possibilities why this issue occurred. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• Were there any error messages?

• Is it also happening on other
      applications?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Explorer Performance
    Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      at the
      top left corner
      of the
      window screen.

• Clink on
      Internet Explorer Performance
      to run the
      troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, kindly post a
    screenshot
    of the
    Troubleshooting diagnosis. So that, we can investigate this matter further.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

Windows explorer keeps closing and restarting

Hello Eileen ,

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC?
    * Last thing i did was to install microsoft silverlight before this problem , i uninstalled it but i still have the problem.

• Are you getting any specific error messages? If yes, send us a screenshot. * explorer keeps restarting without any error message
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from Safe Mode? I did update my graphic card , scanfnow and chkdsk Thank you
      for your help.

El Mehdizidani, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

1. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps restarting

2. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  6. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  7. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds: Hello guys, Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop working and then restart everytime by itself. I have check a little bit the task manager and there is the result : [ATTACH]...
  9. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  10. My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds: I reseted my laptop and while it was resetting I turned off the pc,when I turned it on the laptop kept restarting every 3 seconds please someone help Laptop type:Asus Sonicmaster core i3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer crashes and restarts every 5 seconds