Windows 10: Explorer keeps stealing focus

Discus and support Explorer keeps stealing focus in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title is pretty self explanatory, every once and a while explorer will steal focus and bring me back to desktop. I've tried multiple programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Squizle_3287, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Explorer keeps stealing focus

The title is pretty self explanatory, every once and a while explorer will steal focus and bring me back to desktop. I've tried multiple programs that track focus and all of them have said its explorer.

submitted by /u/Squizle_3287
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Squizle_3287, Jun 2, 2020
  2. chomoloko Win User

Windows Explorer stealing focus after done copying

I'm recently upgraded form windows 7 to windows 10. I'm facing the annoying issue that windows explorer steals the application focus after it finishes copying files and comes to front. Can anyone tell me if there is any option to disable this behavior?

chomoloko, Jun 2, 2020
  3. IrvS Win User
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

IrvS, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Explorer keeps stealing focus

stealing focus while typing

Hi Valerie,

Losing focus on an app can happen if your touchpad is on high sensitivity. There are instances that we are engrossed in our writing to the point that we don't notice that our hands are near the touchpad and if it's set to high sensitivity, it can click on
    another app. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to change the sensitivity settings of your laptop to medium or low sensitivity and see if this issue still persists. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Change the sensitivity level.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Explorer keeps stealing focus

1. Explorer keeps stealing focus - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps stealing

2. mstsc.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mstsc.exe stealing focus: Hello.I have a problem on my Windows 11 PC. Whenever I do anything on my PC, a program called mstsc.exe steals focus of my opened window. This happens every few minutes. The program is located in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe. I used this program:...
  3. mstsc.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mstsc.exe stealing focus: Hello.I have a problem on my Windows 11 PC. Whenever I do anything on my PC, a program called mstsc.exe steals focus of my opened window. This happens every few minutes. The program is located in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe. I used this program:...
  4. Black Window Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Window Stealing Focus: First off, from what I can tell this is some sort of window. Windows can display over top of it, but only by bringing up or forcing the OS to show a window or item by hovering mouse over taskbar icon. The black window also is not fullscreen as anything being displayed behind...
  5. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  6. Focus stealing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus stealing: I have an application that has drop down menus for work. (like a status change from started to completed) And if I have the work application open, and I open any other application, Skype, Internet explorer, Chrome anything, AFTER the work app is running, I can no longer use...
  7. Explorer.exe keeps stealing focus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe keeps stealing focus: This issue started fairly recently. When I play certain games, usually Rainbow 6 Seige, the focus gets stolen and I'm brought to the desktop. I'd be willing to do basically anything to fix it other than re-installing windows. Any help is appreciated submitted by...
  8. Windows Updater Steals Focus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updater Steals Focus: When playing games via Steam every hour or so the game would mysteriously minimize or at the very least drop out of full screen for a couple of seconds. After a lot of research and debugging I was able to track the problem down to Windows Updater stealing focus. This is...
  9. turn off focus stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off focus stealing: Hey, how do i turn off focus stealing ? i have already in regedit under ForegroundLockTimeout set 30d40, but still when i am in game for example, pop out windows steal focus and minimizes the game. I don't know about anything else. Is there any way how to turn this off. Thank...
  10. Windows Explorer stealing focus after done copying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer stealing focus after done copying: I'm recently upgraded form windows 7 to windows 10. I'm facing the annoying issue that windows explorer steals the application focus after it finishes copying files and comes to front. Can anyone tell me if there is any option to disable this behavior? 36350