Windows 10: explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

Discus and support explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Jan 3, 2021.

1. m18xr2 Win User

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but it lags and very slow, what to do?

:)

m18xr2, Jan 3, 2021

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative? cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Jan 3, 2021
  4. explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

I have some files with very long names, and I always want to see the file extensions as well as the names. In the default Windows File Explorer, the first column listing the names of the files is too narrow for some of my file names with extensions. I
    can drag the right margin of the first column to the right and fix that, but the next time I open File Explorer, I have to do it again. I would like to set the column widths and have that be the default thereafter.

Lewis D. Eigen, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

1. explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative? - Similar Threads - explorer lag slow

2. Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...: When opening a folder's window, I always enlarge it, make sure all the columns appear inside, the date and time, file size and file type, etc.However, each time I open the same window again, it seems that Windows 11 completely forgets all the previous display settings not...
  3. Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...: When opening a folder's window, I always enlarge it, make sure all the columns appear inside, the date and time, file size and file type, etc.However, each time I open the same window again, it seems that Windows 11 completely forgets all the previous display settings not...
  4. decrease height and width of task manager

decrease height and width of task manager: HiHow to decrease the width and height of the task manager. Is it possible like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/decrease-height-and-width-of-task-manager/3dd4ceed-456f-4807-9446-f5ddf04f4e11
  5. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width: I wish to search images by height. So, is it possible to change the listing of image dimensions from width x height to height x width? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-image-dimensions-change-to-height/de2e6839-4af6-453c-a6ca-ec54d7b8766f
  6. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width: I wish to search images by height. So, is it possible to change the listing of image dimensions from width x height to height x width? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-image-dimensions-change-to-height/de2e6839-4af6-453c-a6ca-ec54d7b8766f
  7. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

8. Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search: Hello, I'm a long time dweller and first time poster. I've recently run into an issue where my windows 10 doesn't seem to remember my default column width after each search. In other words, each time I open This PC icon, and type in the upper right hand corner to do a search...
  9. File Explorer Template Column Width

File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  10. How to set a default column width in windows explorer?

How to set a default column width in windows explorer?: Every time I open a folder, the Name column is too narrow and all contents display as "Part of the filenam...". This means navigating through a directory I have to: open > resize > open > resize > open > resize...I would like to set a default column width that is large, say...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer colums size