Windows 10: explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

Discus and support explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Jan 3, 2021.

1. m18xr2 Win User

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but it lags and very slow, what to do?

:)

m18xr2, Jan 3, 2021

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative? cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Jan 3, 2021
  4. explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

I have some files with very long names, and I always want to see the file extensions as well as the names. In the default Windows File Explorer, the first column listing the names of the files is too narrow for some of my file names with extensions. I
    can drag the right margin of the first column to the right and fix that, but the next time I open File Explorer, I have to do it again. I would like to set the column widths and have that be the default thereafter.

Lewis D. Eigen, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

1. explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative? - Similar Threads - explorer lag slow

2. File Explorer Template Column Width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  3. Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically: For the past few days, I am facing an issue related to CaptionHeight and CaptionWidth. Some days back my windows font and title box height change automatically. I don't know how I never made any change in the registry. It looks like someone zoomed by windows from 100 to 150%....
  4. Shortcut parameters to set height and width of a widowed application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut parameters to set height and width of a widowed application: Is there any parameter I can add to the Target field of an application shortcut so it launches in a specific width x height? Or can you somehow make a .bat file that does that? submitted by /u/Lootcifer-RT [link] [comments]...
  5. Alternative to Windows slow explorer search - "Everything"

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative to Windows slow explorer search - "Everything": I've been using this for years: voidtools It is virtually instantaneous and searches all your drives at once. 161697
  6. How to set a default column width in windows explorer?

How to set a default column width in windows explorer?: Every time I open a folder, the Name column is too narrow and all contents display as "Part of the filenam...". This means navigating through a directory I have to: open > resize > open > resize > open > resize...I would like to set a default column width that is large, say...
  7. Auto resize column widths in Windows?

Auto resize column widths in Windows?: I know that if I open a folder in W10 there are numer****umn bar, Ctrl +, etc Is there any way of setting this as a default, s****ze when a folder is opened?...
  8. How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth

How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth: Hi , I want to change resolution in windows 10 "ResolutionWidth": 1280, "ResolutionHeight": 1024, "ResolutionDepth": 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-resolution-widthheightdepth/0d4798aa-d2f3-4d69-a30b-65c66a069e43
  9. Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...

Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...: Size all columns to fit (as a default view). I thought the former question asked was a fairly straight-forward question, especially since I typed the request into Google almost verbatim so of course a) the question was, indeed, straightforward; b) from the fact that there...
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...