Windows 10: Explorer launch lauch from task bar error

Discus and support Explorer launch lauch from task bar error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fireberd, Jun 18, 2019.

1. fireberd Win User

Explorer launch lauch from task bar error

I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure. Another error screen says no app for this shortcut. I deleted the task bar shortcut and created a new one and it didn't make any difference. After this error, explorer opens normally. I've had this intermittent problem for a while and at least back to 1809. I'm now on 1903 and its still around.

Here are the screen captures.

Explorer launch lauch from task bar error [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Jun 18, 2019

2. Quick Launch Tool Bar

Hi Seawell,

To get the Quick Launch toolbar back to your task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the task bar.
    • Select Toolbars> New Toolbar.
    • Type C:\Users\(PRESENT ADMINISTRATOR)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    • Click Select folder.

Regarding your concern with pining apps to task bar, let us ask a few questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to pin programs to task bar? Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does this issue occur on all apps you try to pin?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to the issue?

Try
    starting your computer in safe mode
    and check if you'll be able to pin the program there.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!

Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer! on Windows 10 Home. Gives me this error message.

I also can't install my printer. Keep getting error message saying printer driver is in use. It asks me to stop the driver so I do and then I get error message saying I need to start it! I haven't a clue how to fix it. The printer does work wirelessly but I can't use any features like Duplex printing Etc.

hollyoaks777, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Explorer launch lauch from task bar error

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Explorer launch lauch from task bar error

1. Explorer launch lauch from task bar error - Similar Threads - Explorer launch lauch

2. Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar: I often use the search feature in File Explorer, looking for certain files by name.On my other computer Windows 11, I am able to click on the item from the search bar and it opens.On my current computer also running Windows 11, when I click the item from the search bar, it...
  3. Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar: I often use the search feature in File Explorer, looking for certain files by name.On my other computer Windows 11, I am able to click on the item from the search bar and it opens.On my current computer also running Windows 11, when I click the item from the search bar, it...
  4. File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive: Whenever a second user logs in on my machine, they do not have access to FIle Explorer and the Task Bar is unresponsive. I am able to fix the issue by forcing the other account to sign off in the User portion of the Task Manager. If the initial account then logs back in, it...
  5. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  6. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  7. app lauching error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app lauching error: hi, Usually, when an application is loading on the taskbar the icon has an orange background and when one opens it, the icon automatically loses the orange colouring. this, however, doesn't happen with my PC. the color of the icon background stays orange even after I open...
  8. Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error: I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure. Another error screen says no app for this shortcut. I deleted the task bar shortcut and created a new one and it didn't make...
  9. Internet Explorer Icon disappeared from my Task Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer Icon disappeared from my Task Bar: Yesterday my IE icon disappeared from my task bar and I can not retrieve it. The IE Program is still on my computer but I can not find a way to access it. I have used IE for many years and do not want to switch some other Program that takes up a lot of screen space and is...
  10. Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!: Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer! on Windows 10 Home. Gives me this error message. [img] I also can't install my printer. Keep getting error message saying printer driver is in use. It asks me to stop the driver so I do and then I get error message saying I...