Windows 10: Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error

Discus and support Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fireberd, Jun 18, 2019.

1. fireberd Win User

Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error

I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure. Another error screen says no app for this shortcut. I deleted the task bar shortcut and created a new one and it didn't make any difference. After this error, explorer opens normally. I've had this intermittent problem for a while and at least back to 1809. I'm now on 1903 and its still around.

Here are the screen captures.

Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!

Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer! on Windows 10 Home. Gives me this error message.

I also can't install my printer. Keep getting error message saying printer driver is in use. It asks me to stop the driver so I do and then I get error message saying I need to start it! I haven't a clue how to fix it. The printer does work wirelessly but I can't use any features like Duplex printing Etc.

hollyoaks777, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error

Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!

I solved Internet problem not loading outlook by resetting Internet Explorer. And I solved printer problem by going to cannon website downloading the programs and drivers, the wireless printing was solved by downloading Cannon IJ network tool. Everything solved now.

hollyoaks777, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error

1. Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error - Similar Threads - Explorer launch lauch

2. Explorer crashing when launched from the Taskbar or when a Tab is added

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing when launched from the Taskbar or when a Tab is added: This issue started appearing out of nowhere, I'm running the latest 2H22 build 22621.755.Basically whenever I open a folder from the Taskbar the Explorer icon it opens and after a second or two it crashes and restarts. I have to open a random folder from my desktop so that I...
  3. Explorer crashing when launched from the Taskbar or when a Tab is added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing when launched from the Taskbar or when a Tab is added: This issue started appearing out of nowhere, I'm running the latest 2H22 build 22621.755.Basically whenever I open a folder from the Taskbar the Explorer icon it opens and after a second or two it crashes and restarts. I have to open a random folder from my desktop so that I...
  4. Launching File Explorer from the taskbar can cause it to get stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching File Explorer from the taskbar can cause it to get stuck.: Opening the recycle bin from the desktop is working fine. But launching File Manager from the taskbar or Start menu causes it to get stuck. When File Manager is not responding, the rest of the computer's software works fine and has a low resource usage. Restoring the File...
  5. Launching File Explorer from the taskbar can cause it to get stuck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Launching File Explorer from the taskbar can cause it to get stuck.: Opening the recycle bin from the desktop is working fine. But launching File Manager from the taskbar or Start menu causes it to get stuck. When File Manager is not responding, the rest of the computer's software works fine and has a low resource usage. Restoring the File...
  6. app lauching error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app lauching error: hi, Usually, when an application is loading on the taskbar the icon has an orange background and when one opens it, the icon automatically loses the orange colouring. this, however, doesn't happen with my PC. the color of the icon background stays orange even after I open...
  7. Explorer launch lauch from task bar error

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer launch lauch from task bar error: I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure. Another error screen says no app for this shortcut. I deleted the task bar shortcut and created a new one and it didn't make...
  8. Pinned Folders cannot be click launched from Taskbar Explorer list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Folders cannot be click launched from Taskbar Explorer list: File explorer is pinned to the taskbar. The pinned list contains various folders. I cannot open a folder on the pinned list with a left mouse single or double click. I can right click them and open them. A single click on the pinned File Explorer will launch File Explorer....
  9. Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!: Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer! on Windows 10 Home. Gives me this error message. [img] I also can't install my printer. Keep getting error message saying printer driver is in use. It asks me to stop the driver so I do and then I get error message saying I...
  10. File Explore Slow Launch from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explore Slow Launch from Taskbar: When I launch the file explorer from the icon pinned to the taskbar, it takes 3-4 seconds to launch. But when I launch it from the start menu, it's almost instantaneous. What could be the cause of this? 107627