Windows 10: Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear

Discus and support Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When opening certain folders in Explorer mostly containing audio fiiles and/or formatted as MUSIC type, it becomes unresponsive and hangs, while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andybryant8, May 15, 2022.

1. Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear

When opening certain folders in Explorer mostly containing audio fiiles and/or formatted as MUSIC type, it becomes unresponsive and hangs, while visually all columns aside from the icon at the very left go blank, one by one down the list. Once this reaches the bottom of the folder, it "blinks" and visually loads everything correctly. While this is happening I am unable to interact with the window in any way, i.e. cannot close via any method, cannot go back, etc.I noticed this behavior soon after upgrading to Windows 11. It persists through all updates. Since first noticing the issue, i have

:)

andybryant8, May 15, 2022

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 15, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 15, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear [​IMG]

Here is a mp3 file with just Title (Concerto Gregoriano) and Composer in its metadata.
    1. In file explorer, I created a new file on my desktop and copied the mp3 file to it.
    As you can see, it is listed with date, size. The folder is a general format type, not music.
    Please try that.

2. To the right, mp3tag, a free utility, shows the metadata in the file.
    You might find it useful to get mp3tag.
    3. Rt click, Properties, Details, shows the Title as part of the metadata. (Composer is off the screen).

I suggest you make sure your mp3's do indeed contain metadata.

(Sorry the Window titles are faint- they are background, but should be clearer)

dalchina, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear

1. Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear - Similar Threads - Explorer loading delay

2. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  3. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  4. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear

Explorer loading delay as file details blank out and reappear: When opening certain folders in Explorer mostly containing audio fiiles and/or formatted as MUSIC type, it becomes unresponsive and hangs, while visually all columns aside from the icon at the very left go blank, one by one down the list. Once this reaches the bottom of the...
  6. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  7. Detail List in File Explorer

Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  8. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. File Explorer is Blank????

File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  10. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......