Windows 10: Explorer: Making libraries go away

Discus and support Explorer: Making libraries go away in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JKW3, Jun 13, 2020.

1. JKW3 Win User

Explorer: Making libraries go away

In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by my username (the one with 3D Objects and all the other useless crap I can't get rid of).

I decided to try deleting the Documents library (the one immediately inside Libraries, that contains the Documents folder) and Libraries went away. But now it seems I can pin subfolders of Documents like Documents\Foo to QA which expand correctly to appear under Username > Documents > Foo, but not sub-sub-folders like Documents\Foo\Bar.

Then I thought I'd try recreating the Documents library and created a new library and renamed it "Documents". Big mistake. I now have a library item with no name and a file-style icon ( a blank page with the corner turned down) which I can't delete.

So: how can I get rid of the nameless library? And how can I pin a sub-sub-folder of Documents to QA? And how can I do it without Libraries reappearing every time I access it?

I'm using Win 10 Pro v1909 (build 18363.836), 64-bit.

:)

2. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Explorer: Making libraries go away

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Explorer: Making libraries go away

1. Explorer: Making libraries go away - Similar Threads - Explorer Making libraries

2. how can i make it go away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i make it go away?: i need someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-it-go-away/29f5a9e5-39a7-4ade-aafa-53f94c85aaac
  3. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  4. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  5. Please help me make this go away!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me make this go away!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thewaffless [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrwif/please_help_me_make_this_go_away/
  6. Make One Drive go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make One Drive go away: I just transferred all of my documents from my old computer to my new one. For some reason it looks like they all went to One Drive. I do not use One Drive as I spend half of my time in areas with no internet access. I want to move all of my files to my computer and not...
  7. Outlook Sign in - make it go away!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Sign in - make it go away!: Suddenly in the last week or so I was given the gift of the new Outlook. I don't really like it but I can learn to live with all the wasted screen space - I'm sure Microsoft developers know what's best for me!!. However, now almost every time I try to check my emails I get...
  8. Making MSN go away.

in Browsers and Email
    Making MSN go away.: So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show up. This means that while my desktop is online, my HTPC is not: it lives in its own little world connected to my router and a...
  9. Making AVAST Go Away?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making AVAST Go Away?: Updating the latest CCleaner installed AVAST even with me unchecking the box to install it. I ran the AVAST uninstall, then did a search for *avast*.* in Explorer and am still left with this: [img] A run of CCleaner Registry check came up clean. So, can I safely just...
  10. Need to make "Phone Companion" go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make "Phone Companion" go away: When I plugged my Canon camera in today to move some photos I got a new option window, one option was to use the usual Photo Transfer utility, the other was a new Phone Companion option. Curious, I clicked on Phone Companion to see what that was about. (stupid - stupid...