Windows 10: Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home

Discus and support Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings,I used one of those customization tools for Windows 11. It basically messed up everything. I've tried setting the defaults on the program and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt Paolini, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home

Greetings,I used one of those customization tools for Windows 11. It basically messed up everything. I've tried setting the defaults on the program and in the explorer settings but I need to get the top folder for Favorites out of there and make home the parent. I just want it back to normal. How can I do this? See Attached screenshot.Thanks in Advance

:)

Matt Paolini, Jun 9, 2023
  2. KomouPoji Win User

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Removing favorite from the drop down list on Windows 10 Edge

If I am not using a mouse or a keyboard on a Surface Pro - just using stylus and soft keyboard - how do I right click on a web link in the Favourites Bar drop-down menu to get the pop-up menu to delete the web link?

DesCarroll, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home

Removing favorite from the drop down list on Windows 10 Edge

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the
    favorites from the drop down list.

• Open Edge browser.
    • Right top corner click on hub option.
    • Click on Favorites bar.
    • Right click and remove the favorites.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home

1. Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home - Similar Threads - Explorer Menu Remove

2. Why was the start menu and file explorer removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was the start menu and file explorer removed?: I use them for everything and I haven't installed Win11 yet but this change makes me not want to update to win 11 at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-and-file-explorer-removed/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  3. Why was the start menu and file explorer removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was the start menu and file explorer removed?: I use them for everything and I haven't installed Win11 yet but this change makes me not want to update to win 11 at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-and-file-explorer-removed/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  4. Remove Home/Gallery from Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Home/Gallery from Explorer: Hi!Windows update added 'home' and 'gallery' to the file explorer. How do I hide or get rid of this?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-homegallery-from-explorer/28312555-d851-4794-83b1-60757b31f2c3
  5. Remove Home/Gallery from Explorer

Remove Home/Gallery from Explorer: Hi!Windows update added 'home' and 'gallery' to the file explorer. How do I hide or get rid of this?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-homegallery-from-explorer/28312555-d851-4794-83b1-60757b31f2c3
  6. Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Menu - Remove Favorites and Home: Greetings,I used one of those customization tools for Windows 11. It basically messed up everything. I've tried setting the defaults on the program and in the explorer settings but I need to get the top folder for Favorites out of there and make home the parent. I just want...
  7. Why is remove favorites option not working on home screen?

Why is remove favorites option not working on home screen?: Why is remove favorites option not working on home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-remove-favorites-option-not-working-on-home/58042ef3-fe5c-43cf-b3ac-0a57c7a75fa5
  8. Why is remove favorites option not working on home screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is remove favorites option not working on home screen?: Why is remove favorites option not working on home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-remove-favorites-option-not-working-on-home/58042ef3-fe5c-43cf-b3ac-0a57c7a75fa5
  9. Favorites Disappearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorites Disappearing in Explorer: Whenever I had a folder to favorites in explorer, it is gone the next time I reboot. I can’t find a solution from Microsoft or any other online source. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Shiftylee [link] [comments]...
  10. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224