Windows 10: Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager

Discus and support Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10, I opened task manager to end task explorer.exe but I accidentally clicked on "end process tree" now my desktop is gone and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Devikatami, May 19, 2020.

1. Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager

I'm using windows 10, I opened task manager to end task explorer.exe but I accidentally clicked on "end process tree" now my desktop is gone and the taskbar menu too. I can't re-open task manager even with the shortcut ctrl+shift+esc . When I press power button on my laptop, I can't click shutdown

:)

Devikatami, May 19, 2020

2. icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 19, 2020
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, May 19, 2020
  4. z10556 Win User

Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager

1. Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager - Similar Threads - Explorer missing win10

2. SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager: My searchUI.exe file is missing in the task manager and Windows search does not work.I tried to do the following but it did not...
  3. SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager: My searchUI.exe file is missing in the task manager and Windows search does not work.I tried to do the following but it did not...
  4. SearchUI.exe File Missing from Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Explorer is missing from task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer is missing from task manager: Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in...
  6. Explorer is missing from task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer is missing from task manager: Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in...
  7. Task Manager in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager in win10: I had a serious problem with my taskmanager in my laptop working with win 10 20H2 . when l like to open the performance sectıon in task manager l see freezing and then comes the blue screen of death .. please can help. Thanks a lot 176514
  8. I went to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I went to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-to-task-manager-and-stopped-file-explorer/5ec890d6-8fbf-4ccb-b170-fd3c0327643e"
  9. I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-when-to-task-manager-and-stopped-file-explorer/5ec890d6-8fbf-4ccb-b170-fd3c0327643e"
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916