Windows 10: Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

Discus and support Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by `-_Philipp_-´, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have to press 'Down' --> 'Up' to select the first object.Is there a way to fix this? :Kind regardsPhilipp

:)

`-_Philipp_-´, Sep 23, 2022

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Up arrow gone in Explorer in windows 10

Hi Coloso,

When you say Up arrow in Explorer, are you referring to File Explorer or Internet Explorer?

If it is in File Explorer, then try the steps below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

Sorry, but hovering doesn't work for me. Example: I click open File Explorer. On the left, under Quick Access are:

Desktop

Downloads

Documents

(etc)

I expected to see > to the left of Documents. Clicking it would reveal all the folders in Documents on the left-hand side of the screen. Each of those folders, too, would have a navigation arrow next them.

The arrows are gone, and hovering does nothing. I'm not a happy camper.

Ed

Edmund LeRoy, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

1. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects - Similar Threads - Explorer Navigation arrows

2. Selecting Objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Objects in Paint 3D: This is probably a silly question but I'm just getting started with Paint 3D and keep running into the same problem. I laid out several copies of rectangles. After selecting another tool I wanted to go back and move the rectangles. However, the select tool does not select...
  3. Selecting Objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting Objects in Paint 3D: This is probably a silly question but I'm just getting started with Paint 3D and keep running into the same problem. I laid out several copies of rectangles. After selecting another tool I wanted to go back and move the rectangles. However, the select tool does not select...
  4. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  5. Selecting an area of object. To work.

Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  6. File Explorer crashes whenever selecting any icon in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes whenever selecting any icon in the navigation pane: The navigation pane is somehow broken. Whenever I select anything in it, File Explorer crashes for no reason.Right-clicking anywhere? Fine, nothing wrong with it.Expanding a folder? Check, working just fine.Collapsing a folder? A-OK.Selecting anything in the navigation pane...
  7. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  8. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  9. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing navigation arrows in Explorer: This concerns the latest update to Windows 10, version 1903, OS build 18362.267, installed on 8/2/2019. The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder. This is cumbersome...
  10. selecting objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    selecting objects: in windows 10 laptop, objects e.g. desktop icons, chunks of text in word processing, are being selected, moved, deleted as pointer hovers over them. how do I select ONLY by left button click?...