Windows 10: Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Discus and support Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by selfsimilar, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer

Only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the network in the Explorer network list

Network discovery is turned on for all machines

DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, Function Discovery Provider Host, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host service are all set to Automatic and are running.

What can I do to make the list of all computers on the network appear in the MS Explorer Network list?

:)

selfsimilar, Jan 5, 2021

2. Network computer not shown in Network-list

I have acces to a computer in the network with \\Computer2\ in the file explorer.

This computer however is not shown in the NETWORK-list. Others are shown.

Anton

ZoettlAnton, Jan 5, 2021
  3. johnptd Win User
    Network computer not shown in Network-list

Anton,

If you click on "Network" in the left pane of File Explorer and then enter "\\Computer2" (no quotes) in the address bar replacing "Network", does your computer then show up in the network list?

JohnD

johnptd, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Skofab Win User

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Computer not listed on 'network'

Hi Everyone
    I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface

I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.)

The windows 10 32 bit Home is missing off the network list!
    I have gathered from the net that this is nothing unusual - but wonder if MS have come up with a fix yet? - or if someone has come up with a workaround. This is an inconvenience to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I have tried many of the suggested 'cures' without success so far

best regards

Skofab, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

1. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed - Similar Threads - Explorer Network list

2. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  3. Home network computer visability listing.

Home network computer visability listing.: Why do my laptop and desktop computers not see each other on my network. Discovery is turned on, and the Workgroup is the same and the network is set to a home network on both computers. They are both connected to the network on the same WIFI connection. I've followed...
  4. available networks on the list

available networks on the list: Hi, I cannot see all available networks on the list, using win10 on ACER computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-networks-on-the-list/d5b43319-7dbf-4473-84c5-94e113aafea5
  5. List of available networks

List of available networks: I saw a previous thread about the wifi button on task bar not working after a major Windows 10 update. I believe I might have succumbed to the same problem. When I clicked on the button prior to the Windows update I would see a list of my available wireless networks. Now...
  6. no local pc's listed under "Network"...

no local pc's listed under "Network"...: Well, to make a long story short, i finally got the list of PC's on my home network to show up under the Network folder in file manager. I had lost everything except media devices. Had to reset the network a couple times to get everything back again. I only have 2 PC's on the...
  7. Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List: Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection. The local area network is no longer in the list of network...
  8. Missing Network lists.

Missing Network lists.: About 1 - 2 weeks ago my 2x PC's and 2x Laptops (all on windows 10) suddenly lost the ability to display available network lists. I have looked through numerous threads on the subject, and tried most of the suggested work arounds without success. I have made no software or...
  9. Computer not listed on 'network'

Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...
  10. Mystery Phone Listing on Network

Mystery Phone Listing on Network: I upgraded my desktop PC and my laptop to Windows 10. All went fine. However, my desktop and laptop network icons show a phone that I don't have (I think it's an Android). My network map (in Netgear genie) doesn't show anything that shouldn't be there. It doesn't appear when...