Windows 10: Explorer + no internet connection

Discus and support Explorer + no internet connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today i turned on my pc and the explorer.exe error appeared, i refreshed the screen and the icons appeared , but the start button didn't work , i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by solix99, Mar 19, 2015.

1. solix99 Win User

Explorer + no internet connection

Today i turned on my pc and the explorer.exe error appeared, i refreshed the screen and the icons appeared , but the start button didn't work , i tried to make troubleshoot but nothing... the worst part is that i can't acces the internet. Is there a way to star windows recovery\reset without the start button ?

:)

solix99, Mar 19, 2015

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Mar 19, 2015
  3. No Internet connection, also Internet Explorer shows Runtime error on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Are you able to connect to the internet using different browser?
    • Is this issue specific when accessing any particular website?
    • Have you updated all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

I would like to inform you that a runtime error is a software or hardware problem that prevents a program from working correctly. Runtime errors might cause you to lose information in the file you're working on, cause errors in the file (corrupt the file)
    so you can't work with it, or prevent you from using a feature. Unlike stop errors, runtime errors don't typically cause Windows or a program to stop working.

Method 1: If the issue specific only to Internet Explorer, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Method 2: Please refer to the below article for internet connectivity and check if you are able to connect.

Wired
    and wireless network problems

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Please do get back to us with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further, if the issue still persist.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

You could try *Start + X to bring up the Quick Link menu. Then press P to open Control Panel and go to the Recovery Option - then follow option 2 here: Refresh Windows 8

Alternatively if that doesn't work press *Start + R to brink up the Run dialogue and enter %SystemRoot%\System32\systemreset.exe and then click OK to do a refresh.

Please let us know if these work or not - there are other ways also...

adamf, Mar 20, 2015
  5. solix99 Win User
    I tried to reset but it says that none changes were effectuated , and some error, probabily explorer, how can i start the troubleshoot ,mode without the dvd?

solix99, Mar 20, 2015
  6. solix99 Win User
    I entered the troubleshoot mode via safe mode , but it needs an administrator account, when i try to make my account an administrator the button simply hide himself.... how can i make an standart account administraor?

Edit: i made my account an administrator, but in troubleshoot mode it doesn't recognize my account as one.

solix99, Mar 20, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 20, 2015
  8. jeffrys Win User

yes Solix, you are on build 10041 i am very sure. I was there too.....no good

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 20, 2015
  9. solix99 Win User
    i am on 9926, and i don't have a usb right now... i just want to reset the windows..

solix99, Mar 20, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
    What was the error when you tried to refresh?

adamf, Mar 20, 2015
  11. solix99 Win User
    It's not an error, the windows doesn't recognize my account as an administrator one.

solix99, Mar 20, 2015
  12. solix99 Win User
    Okey, i turned an account with no password into a administrator , and then worked, but it says: insert your windows instalation ot recovey media to continue..
    That appears at refresh your pc...

solix99, Mar 20, 2015
  13. adamf Win User

If you don't have any Administrator account it would be easiest to clean install (or upgrade if it lets you).

You can try to enable built in administrator at boot following steps here but you'll need a bootable USB or CD anyway Solved Removed my Only User Account from Administrators Group

EDIT (OK you've got administrator account now).

So what problem do you have now? Does the start menu work on this new administrator account? (Note this mustn't be the built in Administrator - just part of the administrators group.

adamf, Mar 20, 2015
  14. solix99 Win User
    It finally worked, i entered troubleshoot mode, advenced option and i had a saved partition of 06 march, i don't know i had it but i'm happy it was there , thanks adamf for your help.

solix99, Mar 20, 2015
  15. jeffrys Win User
    strange way to get there, but you did Solix.

If i where you i would not refresh that fast anyway.

Normally Windows update should make sure that everyone gets updates so no one (almost no one) should have to do a refresh.

I mean if MS checks your computer and sees something wrong, it should fix that automatically.

Yeah i know...this a future and ..../

we will have to wait a long time before this happens. But think about it, would that not be great?

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Explorer + no internet connection - Similar Threads - Explorer internet connection

2. Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer: What happen if I disable Internet explorer? Is my game and apps will have bad problem after I disable Internet explorer? I don't use Internet explorer. It is connected with Edge. I have chrome as my default browser....
  3. File Explorer Stops Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Stops Internet Connection: When opening the file explorer for any reason all internet connection seizes and returns 10 seconds later observed in resource monitor. There's literally 4 instances of this problem on google and none have the solution. im using a usb nic but i doubt that has anything to do...
  4. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: I'm having some problems, with Internet Explorer. I want to uninstall it. But, I might reinstall it later. I opened the, Control Panel. Uninstall. But, Internet Explorer, was not there? How can I, uninstall it . . . If I, can't see it? I could, go here. To take care, of...
  5. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I just installed, Internet Explorer 11. It required a restart. But, after coming back, to my desktop. It was, nowhere to be found? Do, you know where, I can look for it? Should, I re-install it? Help. Thanks for...
  6. File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet: So this is an odd problem which I have not been able to find any solutions to so far. When I use my laptop at work, I am able to connect to the internet and do things like play music through Youtube, while also using the file explorer to navigate to the folders I need to...
  7. internet explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet explorer: I lost my window 10 yahoo internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/32f26c63-39a5-4b2f-a46b-71245078ff94
  8. Internet explorer connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet explorer connection: Internet explorer will not connect. I do not get an error message. When I type a website in the search engine it does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-connection/72b03f78-88e8-47ba-b99a-b339cabac57d
  9. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: OK so I had a major update last night finally left it and went to bed around 2AM could not stay up waiting for it and my wife said she saw it was shut down by 7 this morning but that it had still be updating around 4-5AM. So when I got up I got doing my normal routine and...
  10. Links In Emails Only Connect To Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Links In Emails Only Connect To Internet Explorer: Hello, My first post in this forum. I recently changed to W10 from W7. Now when I click on a link in an email, I am always taken to my internet browser, Internet Explorer. (The forum registration link had to be pasted into IE so I could complete registration to this...