Windows 10: Explorer not launching on startup

Discus and support Explorer not launching on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently I was having issues with my computer, and I kept seeing people say to delete the autorun key in regedit under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IlluminatiZambi, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Explorer not launching on startup

So recently I was having issues with my computer, and I kept seeing people say to delete the autorun key in regedit under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor, and now Windows Explorer won't launch on startup. I know it isn't any type of virus because I did it myself, and I am just wanting to know if there is any way to fix it without having to factory reset. Is there any way to get the autorun key back? Any help is appreciated, because it is just very tedious having to type "explorer.exe" in cmd every time I turn my computer on.

submitted by /u/IlluminatiZambi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IlluminatiZambi, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Explorer not launching on startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Explorer not launching on startup

1. Explorer not launching on startup - Similar Threads - Explorer launching startup

2. File Explorer crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashing on launch: After updating to Windows 11 I have had a recurring issue over the past few months with File Explorer crashing when launching it.This only happens when I am not connected to my office network, so I believe it may have something to do with the network drives I have mapped for...
  3. File Explorer crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashing on launch: After updating to Windows 11 I have had a recurring issue over the past few months with File Explorer crashing when launching it.This only happens when I am not connected to my office network, so I believe it may have something to do with the network drives I have mapped for...
  4. Explorer crashing on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashing on startup: Hi, Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1909. When Windows starts, explorer crashes every 1 secondish roughly 20 times before it stops crashing and loads properly. I cant find much about it online so hopefully someone can help? I've tried disabling all my startup programs...
  5. How to disable auto launch at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable auto launch at startup: I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 PRO x64. I have discovered that it came with Skype (Application version 14.42.60.0, Skype version 8.42.0.60). I want to disable the auto launch feature but I don't have a menu bar to get to Tools. How do I disable this program...
  6. launching startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching startup programs: Dear all, I have a question about launching startup programs. My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon. Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key...
  7. launching startup programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    launching startup programs: Dear all, I have a question about launching startup programs. My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon. Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key...
  8. Launching program at startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Launching program at startup as administrator: My user ID has administrator privilege but is there a way for my useID to launch Logitech Media Server at startup with administrator privileges? 119496
  9. Explorer Crashing Upon Launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing Upon Launch.: Hi I have an issue where on one of our laptops, when user opens their file explorer, it would spin for a second then crashes. It only happens under her profile, if I log in, I can run File Explorer just fine. If I use Internet Explore then go the address bar and type...
  10. File Explorer Launching at Random

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Launching at Random: For the past few weeks, File Explorer in Windows 10 launches at random during the day. No keyboard action is involved...it just launches. Is there a way to defeat this behavior or is this just a bug within Windows 10. 36787

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer not launching in windows events