Windows 10: Explorer not responding as per normal

Discus and support Explorer not responding as per normal in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly my USB mouse froze. I have a second wireless one (normally turned off). Switching this on allowed normal operation but clicking ThisPC shows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Oct 3, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Explorer not responding as per normal

Suddenly my USB mouse froze. I have a second wireless one (normally turned off). Switching this on allowed normal operation but clicking ThisPC shows a green progress bar and no list of drives etc. Or sometimes a partial list but still the green bar.
    I suspected a HDD so unplugged them all except C: but that made no difference. Then I found everything worked ok if I left the LAN connector out.
    I do have sharing to some other devices, but I can't find anything wrong with them.

Can I remove all sharing except for the internet to try and isolate what's wrong. Also is there anyway to know (when this green progress bar is seeking) what it's looking for ?

:)

James1093, Oct 3, 2020

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2020
  3. File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Oct 3, 2020
  4. pb70 Win User

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

OK here we go -

1. Try Microsoft Edge - worked perfectly

2. Installed Google Chrome - worked perfectly

3. Tried your Option 1 - Troubleshooter "found and fixed" a Windows Update component

Tried IE after the troubleshooter - still have same problem.

4. Tried your Option 2 - still have same problem.

Pat

pb70, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Explorer not responding as per normal - Similar Threads - Explorer responding per

2. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  3. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  4. Windows Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding: Hello friends, Every time I Start My PC and try to open my external desktop hard disk folder, Windows Explorer does not respond and I have to restart or close it from the task manager. this problem started when I update my PC from Windows 10 to 11 and after that, I don't like...
  5. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  6. File Explorer not responding

File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  7. Explorer Not Responding

Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I recently encountered in Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file, the explorer will shown no responding, until I end task or click on the "X". I have dump the explorer dmp file, how to analysis the root cause? any help please? 165241
  8. Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer not responding: MS Explorer gives me a not responding error when trying to open MS Word, Excel. This issue wasn't present when I first purchased the computer in June. What could be causing this?...
  9. File Explorer "Not Responding" dozens of times per day on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "Not Responding" dozens of times per day on Windows 10: I need to work in a lot of different directories with a lot of file types (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, .pdf, etc.) everyday, and I use File Explorer to locate these files, and generally double click to open them. Dozens of times per day the File Explorer app freezes, says "Not...
  10. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/ I can get as far as Step 4 where I...