Windows 10: Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders

Discus and support Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; IIRC this is an old bug but I can't remember what the solution is, basically I download a bunch of video files (TS or MKV primarily) and then drag them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Placebo, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Placebo Win User

Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders

IIRC this is an old bug but I can't remember what the solution is, basically I download a bunch of video files (TS or MKV primarily) and then drag them into a folder where I have a muxing bat file, for some reason explorer is hanging/not responding on certain files since doing a clean install of the CU but I can't remember how to remove this problem, I keep having to end task on explorer which isn't ideal *Sad

:)

Placebo, Oct 27, 2017

2. File Explorer Not working correctly

When I get on File Explorer It works fine until I go to my media files(My pictures and Videos). The folders themselves work just fine but as soon as i do anything to the actual file(Left click, Right click, Drag Click, Highlight) basically any form of
    interaction with the file my File Explorer freezes and stops responding and it stay like this until I end task.

TravisMyers, Oct 27, 2017
  3. windows 10 file explorer not responding

File Explorer hangs (Not Responding) when I create a new folder, and, especially when it's within a just-created folder. Eventually, File Explorer completes but, not without "handing" for a few (2-3) minutes.

This is especially annoying, or, put another way, File Explorer "hangs" for a much longer time when creating a new folder during a browser download (latest version of Chrome). I need to create new folders before downloading.

Obviously Edge (unforutnately) does not allow downloading into a folder of choice.

Richard-Lyon, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Placebo Win User

Gaaah doing my head in!

"The program explorer.exe version 10.0.16299.15 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed."

Drag ts file = windows explorer hang, mux to MKV first then drag the mkv, no problem, it's related to video rip files that aren't 100% flawless and windows is trying to cache it or something, remember having this issue years back but can't remember the fix, disabled icons as thumbnails but it's not that, help!!!!

Placebo, Oct 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders - Similar Threads - Explorer responding hanging

2. Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.: Hello,recently last few days I've been having problems with the windows file explorer:1. In the overview on the left hand side a lot of elements don't have icons only the icon for generic files is being displayed.2. Whenever I try opening a folder the explorer stops...
  3. Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer not responding when opening folders.: Hello,recently last few days I've been having problems with the windows file explorer:1. In the overview on the left hand side a lot of elements don't have icons only the icon for generic files is being displayed.2. Whenever I try opening a folder the explorer stops...
  4. File explorer hangs when I select a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer hangs when I select a folder: submitted by /u/Xsus03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icznc1/file_explorer_hangs_when_i_select_a_folder/
  5. File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder: Hi, My file explore kept crashing when I try to open the download folder. No access issue with other folders, so I'm not sure what is going on. Thanks for the help....
  6. Application Hang/Window Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Hang/Window Explorer Not Responding: Hi, Have been experiencing application hang/window explorer not responding/BDoS recently. These are the errors from event viewer. 1) Multiple COMRuntime error An unmarshaling policy check was performed when unmarshaling a custom marshaled object and the class...
  7. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM Status Not reported Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  8. Increase time of folder auto-expanding when dragging in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Increase time of folder auto-expanding when dragging in File Explorer: Hi, this will definitely require going into the registry editor. It's a small, but annoying hassle for me. When I'm dragging something in File Explorer, too often, just by moving the cursor over some folder, the stupid folder will expand, causing me to have to scroll down...
  9. Explorer lagging when dragging files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer lagging when dragging files: So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags,...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...