Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

Discus and support Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kd833, Oct 20, 2014.

1. kd833 Win User

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

:)

kd833, Oct 20, 2014
  2. Mark the Engineer Win User

Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

"Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended."

I had the same thing this morning, couldn't open files, drag and drop, to any folder in explorer. Rebooted (and it was a long reboot) and it fixed itself.

Mark the Engineer, Oct 20, 2014
  3. VivaswanChandraShekar Win User
    .exe files not opening

.exe files don't open. If I open them from firefox, firefox freezes and does not respond. If I open them from Downloads folder, File Explorer freezes and does not respond. The .exe file does not open no matter how long I wait. I thought it was an association
    error, but I checked with regedit (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe), it seems to be fine. Please help. I am not able to install anything!

Also, when I try to run "sfc /scannow" in command prompt, it says "There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc repair". But even after multiple reboots, the same message is shown.

VivaswanChandraShekar, Oct 20, 2014
Thema:

1. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file - Similar Threads - Explorer responding opening

2. Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...: Hello All, Thanks in advance for your replies. Yesterday I tried to login to my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop but got error code 0x80070032 with message that went something along the lines of restarting and trying again. However, I was able to logon using my Microsoft...
  3. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  4. ??? window over file explorer icon in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    ??? window over file explorer icon in task bar: This is a new win10 laptop as in I picked it up yesterday morning.. I've spent the last 36 hours fully updating with latest windows updates. BUT... periodically, File Explorer turns itself on and I cannot close it. Nor can I open the window when I click on it. When I hover my...
  5. Chrome will not open. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome will not open. Windows 10: since the Windows 10 updatea couple of days ago Chrome will not open. It appears to open but the tabs have sad face icons. Internetis fine and if I get to Chrome via another browser it recognises my account and has all my favourites in place. Have tried uninstalling but...
  6. BSOD Crash Files

BSOD Crash Files: My computer crash because of a certain IocBios2.sys, that's Strange, and I see this BSOD Always whan I want to reduce my computer fans power with ROG Gaming Center (I'm with a laptop). I followed the instruction for the Minidump files, etc … Here they are :...
  7. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?: cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-new-desktop-folders-to-existing-desktop/845c127b-d8d4-4bfc-bc8c-0ed31bb5b090
  8. Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?: Please Look here Ashampoo(R) Web Upload 116173
  9. Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images: It's a really weird, whenever it loads dark images like: dark setting menu, some game loading screens and things like that the screen turns black like the monitor was turned off. 116171
  10. Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up: Hi, A few weeks ago some icons on my taskbar and prewiews on certain images were missing. I don't know what happened. I've tried a lot of things to make it come back, but it didn't. Does anyone knows what might be happening? This is really irritating :( [ATTACH]...