Windows 10: Explorer Not Responding

Discus and support Explorer Not Responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently encountered in Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file, the explorer will shown no responding, until I end task or click on the "X".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cyliyu, Sep 25, 2020.

1. cyliyu Win User

Explorer Not Responding

Hi,
    I recently encountered in Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file, the explorer will shown no responding, until I end task or click on the "X".
    I have dump the explorer dmp file, how to analysis the root cause? any help please?

:)

cyliyu, Sep 25, 2020

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2020
  3. File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Sep 25, 2020
  4. pb70 Win User

Explorer Not Responding

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

OK here we go -

1. Try Microsoft Edge - worked perfectly

2. Installed Google Chrome - worked perfectly

3. Tried your Option 1 - Troubleshooter "found and fixed" a Windows Update component

Tried IE after the troubleshooter - still have same problem.

4. Tried your Option 2 - still have same problem.

Pat

Thema:

Explorer Not Responding

1. Explorer Not Responding - Similar Threads - Explorer Responding

2. How can i fix file explorer consant not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i fix file explorer consant not responding: File explorer always random says not responding then crashes. After open some times dragging files opens the loading part that shows when it completes but stops and 0 then says not responding then crashes, and the files thumbnails randomly go blank. What is the cause of this?...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer is not responding: Hello, My windows explorer is not responding at all. So this happens - When I start my windows after a few secs when I click on file explorer and clicks on any file then the explorer is not responding and after that, it goes black screen too. I have to abruptly restart from...
  4. Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...: I did sfc /scannow as i saw from previous thread, Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  5. Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document: I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, Build 19041.508. A few weeks ago and out of the blue, Windows Explorer began "not responding" when I attempted to open a Word 2007 .docx file. When I click on the .docx file and then immediately attempt to switch to Explorer, I...
  6. File Explorer is not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer is not responding: When opening my file folders and selecting a file any file it just gives me the little processing circle and after a while it fades the screen out with a NOT RESPONDING IN at the top next to the file name. I have already tried to troubleshoot, clean up disk space, reset...
  7. Explorer not responding as per normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not responding as per normal: Suddenly my USB mouse froze. I have a second wireless one (normally turned off). Switching this on allowed normal operation but clicking ThisPC shows a green progress bar and no list of drives etc. Or sometimes a partial list but still the green bar. I suspected a HDD so...
  8. Windows Explorer no respond

Windows Explorer no respond: Hello, I have a problem with my windows explorer since round about one month. Every time I start the windows explorer I can't do anything. The windows explorer ist not responding for about 20 seconds. After that it works normal. I do also have the problem when the explorer...
  9. docx : win explorer doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    docx : win explorer doesn't respond: Earlier today I downloaded a document from google drive, saving it as a docx file. It seems download has succeeded. Tried renaming the file: win explorer doesn't respond / hangs. Tried opening the file: same. Tried renaming another docx file: same. Right click on any...
  10. Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond

Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond: i have been dealing with this issue for a month . where I right click in windows file explorer and/or my desktop and it ends up crashing. the only times i can avoid this issue is on startup after the first 1 hour of use it gives me tons of issues. sometimes browsing the...