Windows 10: Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

Discus and support Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Normally on Windows 10, when I click 'Explorer' icon it shows files/folders but no shortcuts on my Desktop View! So I'm checking to see how to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nonameanyname, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

Normally on Windows 10, when I click 'Explorer' icon it shows files/folders but no shortcuts on my Desktop View!

So I'm checking to see how to change this so I see my complete Desktop view of icons, just so I know what's there and not hidden in Explorer! What I found is that in the list of locations, there are several labels that read 'DESKTOP'. But when you click on 'em some show desktop links and on others, they don't show desktop shortcuts. The difference is not denoted on the lists. All labels saying DESKTOP are different in how they display folders/files/links/etc inside the Windows 10 Explorer window!

MS should make them all the same and ESPECIALLY.... for the Explorer link on the desktop! If we want to see the desktop w/ everything in it we shouldn't have to hunt and peck through numerous labels tagged Desktop in the Explorer Tree to find the one that shows everything including links! Same Desktop labeled entry should show everything that's in that folder! ....many people make mistake of thinking it's in the Folder Settings. It's NOT for Explorer Views!

So what I want to do is at a TRUE DIRECT VIEW of what's really in the Desktop Folder in a Shortcut on the Desktop instead of the BAD Shortcut that ends up missing all the links/etc that one keeps hiding from me! How can I do that so I see FULL VIEW that if click the 2nd 'Desktop' label in list view I get to see EVERYTHING under any Desktop label when there is no designated differential? Thanks!

:)

nonameanyname, Aug 23, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

1. Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem! - Similar Threads - Explorer Showing Desktop

2. Desktop Shortcut Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcut Problem: The following desktop shortcut used to work but now I am getting the following error ... THE DRIVE OR NETWORK CONNECTION THAT THE SHORTCUT 'TRILLION.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or the network resource is available, and then try...
  3. Desktop Shortcut Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Shortcut Problem: The following desktop shortcut used to work but now I am getting the following error ... THE DRIVE OR NETWORK CONNECTION THAT THE SHORTCUT 'TRILLION.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or the network resource is available, and then try...
  4. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  5. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  6. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  8. Desktop Shortcuts Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcuts Problems: I am having issues with the files and shortcuts that I store on my desktop. If I save a file on my desktop or try to create a folder, I will not see it on my desktop, but if I go to file explorer or restart, I can see the file then. I can also not refresh or delete or move...
  9. All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kaboom212121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6wtmj/all_my_shortcuts_on_desktop_and_file_explorer_are/
  10. all sorts of problems w/ Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all sorts of problems w/ Explorer: Hello to the Microsoft Community. I do not know if my computer has been infected by a virus or something, but I've been having problems w/ my Explorer. A few months ago I am having major problems with my Explorer such as not being able to open up images and not being able...