Windows 10: Explorer not working

Discus and support Explorer not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've updated windows 10 with the automatic updates. 3 nights ago I installed them by "restart and install updates" option. Left it overnight. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Timizorzom, May 18, 2017.

1. Explorer not working

So I've updated windows 10 with the automatic updates. 3 nights ago I installed them by "restart and install updates" option. Left it overnight. In the morning I turned my computer off and went out. Came back later and turned my computer on at 16:15. Had to log in, did so. For the next 26 hours, I had this loop of messages "Hi" "We have some new updates for you" "These protect you in an online world" "We want everything to be ready for you". Inconvenient. When it finally got over that stage, it opened up my desktop, although it isn't a desktop anymore; it is a black/grey screen. Every so often, the start button and the time pop up, and rarely the icons appear on my desktop, but never stay for more than a minute and cannot be clicked.
    Task manager can be opened and the Explorer process is eating 60% or more constantly. I figured it might be doing something so I left it for the remainder of 2 days. Still doing nothing. Using task manager, I can get onto the guest account, and I can run almost nothing using the start process function in task manager.
    Guest account works fine.

Do you know what is going on? And how on earth do I fix this?
    Thanks in advance

:)

Timizorzom, May 18, 2017

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, May 18, 2017
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, May 18, 2017
  4. Explorer not working

Using the guest account, btw, I have uninstalled the updates, and run SFC /scannow. No change in system status

Timizorzom, May 18, 2017
  5. Megan444 Win User
    i'm not a professional, but using Explorer I always have issues. Have you tried another browser?

Megan444, May 20, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Looks like time to get the terms correct, File Explorer is the file management part of Windows and pretty much the core of Windows [formerly called Windows Explorer on Win7 and earlier], if it doesn't work right neither is Windows.

Internet Explorer is a Browser for doing any functional work on the Internet, now trying to be replaced by Edge which is included in Win10. Some versions of Win10 have Internet Explorer in Start, W section, Windows Accessories which can be Pinned to both the Start tiles and the Taskbar.

Berton, May 20, 2017
  7. I was referring to explorer the process, which is windows explorer. I fixed it now tho. I went onto guess account and used cmd to make a new admin account and then I moved everything from the broken account to the new one and deleted the broken one.

Timizorzom, May 21, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Explorer not working

It sounds like you received the current major new build (the Creator's Update or Upgrade) - your #1 - and the problem arose when that was complete.

Setting things up in a new account, unless your configuration is very simple (few programs, startups) is often non-trivial. Some programs may be installed as for that user only, whilst others, for all users. So if you've succeeded, well done.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer not working

1. Explorer not working - Similar Threads - Explorer working

2. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  3. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  4. Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro: I'm running Windows 11 Pro and in March updated the system with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 from 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204. Since then, when using...
  5. Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro

Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro: I'm running Windows 11 Pro and in March updated the system with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 from 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204. Since then, when using...
  6. Windows explorer reorders files while working messing up productivity and lists.

Windows explorer reorders files while working messing up productivity and lists.: Windows Explorer unpredictably reorders files while I'm working, causing productivity disruptions and disarray in my lists. Renaming a file shouldn't trigger this automatic resorting....
  7. Windows explorer reorders files while working messing up productivity and lists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer reorders files while working messing up productivity and lists.: Windows Explorer unpredictably reorders files while I'm working, causing productivity disruptions and disarray in my lists. Renaming a file shouldn't trigger this automatic resorting....
  8. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  9. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  10. Windows 11 multiple versions including the latest and greatest 23H2 Explorer extract works...

Windows 11 multiple versions including the latest and greatest 23H2 Explorer extract works...: We have multiple computers with this problem and plenty that do not. The same file that does not work on the computers that are bad will work on another that is good, so it's not the zip file itself. I have ran DISM and SFC scans and that didn't work. When I go into Task...