Windows 10: Explorer: Path too long

Discus and support Explorer: Path too long in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows still has this problem? Why should that surprise anyone? I don't know - seems like this could be fixed. I'm using Windows 11 Pro on a normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Coupled Resonators, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Explorer: Path too long

Windows still has this problem? Why should that surprise anyone? I don't know - seems like this could be fixed. I'm using Windows 11 Pro on a normal workstation desktop. I was unzipping a zip file at the time.

:)

Coupled Resonators, Jun 19, 2024

2. Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder (updated)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for suggesting Feedback Hub.

On the other hand, in my first post I posted step 1,2,3. Your links contains the same, but no more.

The issue is in File Explorer, that means I need solution in File Explorer, not in PowerShell.

To be more precise the issue is: I can't create new folder in a long path folder. Just now: I solved it half: I can copy a folder to a long path folder. That's fine but I cannot rename folder or file in a long path folder.

Regards

Peter from the Moon, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Enable Win32 long paths GPO not working

Hmm, bad news I'm afraid. In this thread I see replies from
    apparently well-informed people claiming that even though Windows 10 is ready for long paths, Windows Explorer is not. It is suggested that a 3rd party fileviewer "One Commander" does support long paths.

Willem Weetjewel, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Explorer: Path too long

Explorer support for zip files with long file paths

I suggest you try Long path tool is the very good program for easily delete, copy & rename long path files, error, unlock solution.
    Try it and solve your problem.
    I used long path tool and I solve my error, unlock problem solution.

Randy_Vran, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Explorer: Path too long

1. Explorer: Path too long - Similar Threads - Explorer Path too

2. Explorer: Path too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer: Path too long: Windows still has this problem? Why should that surprise anyone? I don't know - seems like this could be fixed. I'm using Windows 11 Pro on a normal workstation desktop. I was unzipping a zip file at the time....
  3. Path too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Path too long: I downloaded a big file and I need to extract it, but some paths are too long.I worry that if I rename the file stuff won't work as intended, also there are a lot of long files so I don't really know what to do....
  4. Path too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path too long: I downloaded a big file and I need to extract it, but some paths are too long.I worry that if I rename the file stuff won't work as intended, also there are a lot of long files so I don't really know what to do....
  5. Error 0x80010135: Path too long.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80010135: Path too long.: I changed my laptop and want to copy a zipped file to my new laptop and 51% down the line am getting this Error 0x80010135: Path too long. Kindly advise on the possible solution....
  6. Zip folder path too long

Zip folder path too long: I tried copying over a file that was sent to me through a zip folder but it won't copy because it says the path is too long. I searched this site to find an answer, but I don't understand it. The response to someone's questions was by telling them to shorten the name of the...
  7. Destination Path Too Long

Destination Path Too Long: Hello - Does anyone know which builds of Windows 10 Pro support file paths longer than 260 characters on NTFS volumes? Better yet, does anyone know how to remove that limitation? I am using Windows 10 Pro ver. 20H2 It seems that in this version the group policy "Enable...
  8. error Path too long-

error Path too long-: In Windows 10 Home is there a way of stopping this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-path-too-long/b050c5d4-808c-4a21-bf15-43f1f80914c4
  9. Destination path too long after enable NTFS long path

Destination path too long after enable NTFS long path: I have windows pro 10 education and 1903 version. I enable NFTS long path and update the group policy with this command: gpupdate /target:computer /force But when I copy-paste folders to an external drive I still get the error Destination path too long The file name(s)...
  10. Destination path too long after enable NTFS long path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Destination path too long after enable NTFS long path: I have windows pro 10 education and 1903 version. I enable NFTS long path and update the group policy with this command: gpupdate /target:computer /force But when I copy-paste folders to an external drive I still get the error Destination path too long The file name(s)...