Windows 10: Explorer picture management

Discus and support Explorer picture management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; During my previous experience, whenever camera pics were downloaded, explorer automatically created a dated folder which was posted in date sequence.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by larrylastiwka, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Explorer picture management

During my previous experience, whenever camera pics were downloaded, explorer automatically created a dated folder which was posted in date sequence. If one chose to do so, the file folder could be named and then it would be subsequently be filed alphabetically led by the first letter of the name applied. The dated folder would be removed from the date sequence file and could be located via named file. However, this is not the case recently as a downloaded camera pic was not assigned a folder but rather a 7 digit number and filed at the very end of my named folders. I had to hunt throughout all the pictures file to find it buried in a very awkward location. Why is it handling the pic in this fashion? In any case I would like to give it a file name to access it or even leave it in the dated file folder assigned by default as in the past if I chose to do so. Appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

:)

larrylastiwka, Dec 26, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Explorer picture management [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 26, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Explorer picture management

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Explorer picture management

1. Explorer picture management - Similar Threads - Explorer picture management

2. MS Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Picture Manager: A Windows 10 update changed MS Office Picture Manager and removed the options to print 3x5 and 5x7. Is there a remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-picture-manager/276c6867-7fc9-4fd2-b22f-59d6b89e678f
  3. MS Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Picture Manager: A Windows 10 update changed MS Office Picture Manager and removed the options to print 3x5 and 5x7. Is there a remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-picture-manager/276c6867-7fc9-4fd2-b22f-59d6b89e678f
  4. MS Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in File Explorer: I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon. How do I get the little thumbnails back?...
  6. picture manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture manager: picture manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-manager/541a074f-f9a9-4428-ac71-5ff580913527
  7. Office Picture Manager

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Picture Manager: I tried to download the Office Picture Manger but Malwarebytes guaranteed each site that presented the download. Is this something new and how can get Picture Manager for a new installation? If I can't will someone point me to a near simple equivalent? My needs are very...
  8. Office Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Office Picture Manager: I tried to download the Office Picture Manger but Malwarebytes guaranteed each site that presented the download. Is this something new and how can get Picture Manager for a new installation? If I can't will someone point me to a near simple equivalent? My needs are very...
  9. microsoft picture manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft picture manager: Three days age my computer added an unblock box that I have to go into the general section of "properties" on each & every web photo that I have ever saved to my computer, so now When I click on a photo to enlarge nothing happens unless I click onto the properties tab for...
  10. ms picture manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms picture manager: how do I set ms picture manager (part of Microsoft SharePoint Design 2010) as my default picture viewer I have gone into settings > default apps and tried to change the default setting from Microsoft Photo to ms picture manager but this does not work, and with no default...