Windows 10: Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing

Discus and support Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends on the Win10 forums, I'm having a few problems for years now on my Windows 10 desktop. It seems like my explorer is corrupted or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flattert, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Flattert Win User

Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing

Hello friends on the Win10 forums,

I'm having a few problems for years now on my Windows 10 desktop. It seems like my explorer is corrupted or something. Some PNG files in my explorer are showing a preview of the image, while others don't. Also alot of program icons in my taskbar are disappearing randomly. Below i posted a few screenshots of an example for each problem.

PNG preview not working on same set of images

Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing [​IMG]

Spotify + Windows 10 Mail Icons missing in taskbar and searchbar

Skype Icon missing from searchbar

I have tried clearing the icon cache in CMD. I also looked at my settings and the setting to preview miniature images instead of icons is already on. How do i fix this?

:)

Flattert, Jan 23, 2020

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing

Using File explorer can stop given preview

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Preview pane.

If the issue still persists,

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Folder options.
    • Under View tab, check the option for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing

1. Explorer PNG preview not working and alot of program icons missing - Similar Threads - Explorer PNG preview

2. Missing preview icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing preview icons: Once I updated to windows 11 all my preview icons things were missing, and I wanted to know if there a way to get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-preview-icons/86ced1b5-8307-4f79-916f-10f8c1c72c93
  3. Missing preview icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing preview icons: Once I updated to windows 11 all my preview icons things were missing, and I wanted to know if there a way to get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-preview-icons/86ced1b5-8307-4f79-916f-10f8c1c72c93
  4. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  5. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Png Thumbnails not previewing: HI all my Png thumbnails no longer preview the image in word, they used to but no longer do and I haven't changed anythingcan someone let me know how to fix it as I really need to see the images , the attachement shows what I am seeing thanks...
  6. Png Thumbnails not previewing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer: I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same folder.I think the problem appeared after I installed one photo viewer from microsoft store.I have tried the two solutions...
  8. No Thumbnail Previews for Explorer Windows in Taskbar & App Icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Thumbnail Previews for Explorer Windows in Taskbar & App Icons missing: [ATTACH] Hi, I got this weird problem recently, If I open one window in explorer it shows the thumbnail when I hover my mouse over them. but after opening multiple explorer windows (even 2 windows), it stops showing the thumbnails & goes like this, I tried every solution...
  9. Explorer window preview of PNG files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer window preview of PNG files: Anyone else experiencing lack of support for previews of files in windows 10? Tried all the online articles on how to resolve this and still no luck. submitted by /u/ChromeQuixote [link] [comments]...
  10. After a virus alot of png or any almost all not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a virus alot of png or any almost all not working: so after an trojan virus got me this one did this: for example Pic.png and the adds this Pic.png.pdff then after that when i remove the ".pdff" then try to run it this happens: "Pic.png It looks like we don't support this file format." and i don't what do cuz all my...