Windows 10: Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a...

Discus and support Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed a 2nd NVME SSD , but I'm not sure if this is causing the problem. Also Quick Access doesnt respond.. [ Windows 10 pro (64bit) /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/balanced_gr, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a...

I recently installed a 2nd NVME SSD , but I'm not sure if this is causing the problem.

Also Quick Access doesnt respond..

[ Windows 10 pro (64bit) / Version 1803 / OS build 17134.1069 ]

[ i7-8700k / 32GB RAM / Z370 Gigabyte ]

submitted by /u/balanced_gr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/balanced_gr, Oct 31, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Help with .bat to Copy and Rename to the same dir?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend is playing a prank on another friend, and this is pretty harmless, just a "friendly" reminder to him ^^

So, basically, the title explains it mostly, but I will go into detail.

What I need is a .bat that will create multiple .txt files in one directory. They must have some text in them.

That or copy an existing .txt file, and rename the multiple copies.

Like so:

Copy multiple instances of filename.txt from C:/ to C:/folder/ and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Or

Create filename.txt in C:/folder/ and make multiple copies of it, and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Hopefully this will make sense ^^

Thanks in advance,
    Val

Valenciente, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a...

Desktopini created instead of a folder renaming

Every time I try to rename a folder on my PC (Windows 10 Pro), instead of renaming the file, it creates a desktop.ini folder, and inside of it is the following information

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=

After LocalizedResourceName= is the name of the folder that I renamed it to. So if it was Folder1 and I rename it to Folder2, that file will say:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=Folder2

... but the actual foldername will still be Folder1

Searching the Internet lists a bunch of random suggestions, none of which work. Anyone know why this happens? I'm pretty close to abandoning File Explorer, as it seems to be the cause of this issue.

FrustratedUser1966, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a...

1. Explorer problem: Copy Move & Delete stucks at 99% . Creating & renaming folders takes a... - Similar Threads - Explorer problem Copy

2. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  3. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  4. Windows Explorer takes 90 seconds to rename, move, or delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer takes 90 seconds to rename, move, or delete a file: I've had a long standing problem with my Windows 11 desktop with an SSD and 32 gig of RAM. It intermittently but often takes exactly 90 seconds to rename, move, or delete a file in Windows Explorer. There is no pattern to when this occurs. While waiting, other programs...
  5. Windows Explorer takes 90 seconds to rename, move, or delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer takes 90 seconds to rename, move, or delete a file: I've had a long standing problem with my Windows 11 desktop with an SSD and 32 gig of RAM. It intermittently but often takes exactly 90 seconds to rename, move, or delete a file in Windows Explorer. There is no pattern to when this occurs. While waiting, other programs...
  6. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  7. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error is as below. Anyone having these issues? If so is their a fix? Thanks for the help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay Renaming, Deleting, Moving folder which takes at least about 12 seconds this does not happen for files only for the folder. Also if I log into administrator profile and then do Renaming, Deleting, Moving of a folder it works...
  9. Creating or Renaming a Folder Causes Explorer To Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating or Renaming a Folder Causes Explorer To Crash: These are my issues: When I create a New Folder and try naming it, it freezes, then Explorer will restart. The folder will be made but if I try to rename it, it will do the same thing. When I try deleting that empty folder, the Moving to Recycle bin takes over 30 sec...
  10. Cannot delete, move, rename folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete, move, rename folder: Hello, I am having issues with a folder which I would like to delete. However, whenever I try to do that I am told I need admin access in order to do so. Problem is, I am the admin and if I go to Properties and in the Security tab, I am not allowed to do any changes and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer stuck on 99 percent

2. windows10 explorer file delete stuck 99%

3. Windows10 deleting stuck 99%

4. Paste stops at 99% win 10,
  5. deleting 99%,
  6. move folders stuck in 99%