Windows 10: Explorer process and CMD

Discus and support Explorer process and CMD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys! I've changed startup shell from explorer.exe to cmd.exe. Now when I type explorer or other combinations in cmd, it opens me only file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZhexyZolotuhin, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:33 AM.

1. Explorer process and CMD

Hello guys!

I've changed startup shell from explorer.exe to cmd.exe. Now when I type explorer or other combinations in cmd, it opens me only file manager. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

:)

ZhexyZolotuhin, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:33 AM
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

4. Explorer process and CMD

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:41 AM
Thema:

Explorer process and CMD

1. Explorer process and CMD - Similar Threads - Explorer process CMD

2. Cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmd: whenever i use my laptop this cmd keeps popping up. It says "The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file for Application. (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>" how do i stop this...
  3. Environmental variables different in CMD and Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Environmental variables different in CMD and Windows Explorer: When I open environmental variables window I get the following environmental variables:...
  4. CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD: When trying to scan it says windows resource protection couldn't perform https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd/3a68d9cd-5856-4c2a-8409-c13b6414d1d8"
  5. Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection: Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection Process Explorer is an advanced process management utility that picks up where Task Manager leaves off. It will show you detailed information about a process including its icon, command-line, full image path, memory...
  6. Ended windows explorer process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ended windows explorer process: Hello, i accedentally ended windows explorer not from task manager. My laptop is pretty old and is starting to have slower and worse performance. Windows explorer stopped working and it showed a message to end process. I clicked on end process and everything vanished. Which...
  7. Cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd: I am trying to run a command om the cmd. It says i have to be the administrator to do so, but i am the andministrator. Is something wrong with my cmd? Thanks, Matti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd/f977b64c-e9f7-4e8e-b30c-9fe74c575063
  8. Random explorer process causing minimising

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random explorer process causing minimising: When I have a game in fullscreen every 5-10 minutes it will randomly minimise. I used a program that logs all programs that open, and it showed the program that made it minimise was explorer. When it is minimised there is no explorer window open. I really need this to stop....
  9. Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights: I managed to get cmd to always run as admin from start->cmd But running cmd this way always launch it at the windows/system32 directory. I need a way to run cmd in file explorer directly so that the current directory will be at the path I launched it but it is always...
  10. CMD in context menu for all Windows explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD in context menu for all Windows explorer folders: Bold word 'cmd' is at top of the folder context menu and left click on any folder results in Windows trying to open the folder using the program 'cmd'.and generates error message.* Right click on the folder displays context menu and 'open' opens the folder properly. How do I...