Windows 10: Explorer process and CMD

Discus and support Explorer process and CMD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys! I've changed startup shell from explorer.exe to cmd.exe. Now when I type explorer or other combinations in cmd, it opens me only file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZhexyZolotuhin, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Explorer process and CMD

Hello guys!

I've changed startup shell from explorer.exe to cmd.exe. Now when I type explorer or other combinations in cmd, it opens me only file manager. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

:)

ZhexyZolotuhin, Dec 3, 2019
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Explorer process and CMD

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Explorer process and CMD

1. Explorer process and CMD - Similar Threads - Explorer process CMD

2. Some processes indicate 'access denied' in Process Explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some processes indicate 'access denied' in Process Explorer: Hello,Same question. 3 win servers 2019 with, and not domain. Administrator account, ProceXP whit max privileges, UAC disabled. 2 first, OK. The last, 'access denied' for Services.exe, smss.exe, csrss.exe and wininit.exeWhat?Thanks...
  3. Some processes indicate 'access denied' in Process Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some processes indicate 'access denied' in Process Explorer: Hello,Same question. 3 win servers 2019 with, and not domain. Administrator account, ProceXP whit max privileges, UAC disabled. 2 first, OK. The last, 'access denied' for Services.exe, smss.exe, csrss.exe and wininit.exeWhat?Thanks...
  4. Regarding process explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding process explorer: Is it possible to pause and resume exporting/processing of a video enhanced by Topaz using Process explorer even after a system restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-process-explorer/9269ab3c-9060-4701-a9ec-04f2db0a3428
  5. Regarding process explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding process explorer: Is it possible to pause and resume exporting/processing of a video enhanced by Topaz using Process explorer even after a system restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-process-explorer/9269ab3c-9060-4701-a9ec-04f2db0a3428
  6. process explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    process explorer: I accidentally suspended searchApp.exe, and now it won't let me "resume" it. When I try "restart" it asks me if I will verify that I want to kill the process. Please help. Thank you...
  7. process explorer virustotal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    process explorer virustotal: so i was running process explorer virustotal and i saw some programs that had 1 and 2 's there was one called issass.exe that just said unknown should i be worried....
  8. Explorer and cmd not starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer and cmd not starting: Explorer.exe doesn't start automatically.. I need to ctrl-alt-canc and start it manually. Once loaded, I try to run cmd.exe and nothing happens.. What can I do? submitted by /u/Putrid-Farter [link] [comments]...
  9. New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31

in Windows 10 News
    New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31: Process Monitor v3.53 This update to Process Monitor includes the following changes: Resolves a crash when reloading a saved file Fixes issues where profiling events and/or process activity summary stopped working after the GUI is closed and reopened Adds file information...
  10. Ended windows explorer process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ended windows explorer process: Hello, i accedentally ended windows explorer not from task manager. My laptop is pretty old and is starting to have slower and worse performance. Windows explorer stopped working and it showed a message to end process. I clicked on end process and everything vanished. Which...