Windows 10: Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

Discus and support Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,We just re-imaged out machines with Windows 10 21H2 LTSB build 19044.1645 and after a lot of narrowing down I found out roaming profiles, as defined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nik-J, May 19, 2022.

1. Nik-J Win User

Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

Hi,We just re-imaged out machines with Windows 10 21H2 LTSB build 19044.1645 and after a lot of narrowing down I found out roaming profiles, as defined in folder redirection GPO, is causing the explorer process to hang on login. It doesn't happen every time but probably 1 in 3 logins will end up with a non responsive explorer. In the end windows seems to try and kill the process and the user is left with a black screen until the machine is rebooted. When the roaming profile GP setting is removed there are no login issues.I know roaming profiles are being phased out but we're not in a positio

:)

Nik-J, May 19, 2022

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, May 19, 2022
  3. Roaming profiles - How to exclude one user for login in one specific PC

Hi,

Currently, we have enabled a roaming profile for all the users using GPO but we have to exclude one user for login in one specific PC. how to do that?

ROBIN POULOSE, May 19, 2022
  4. Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

Windows 10 slowness at login and when opening explorer

We have windows 10 1903 laptops that are always connected to the internet via cell cards. They are extremely slow to login and slow to access explorer when we have the connection active, when the connection is turned off that slowness is immediately gone.
    I have verbose messages turned on at login and it will "hang" at either welcome or user profile service for a bit. The laptops are obviously trying to communicate with the domain (never had this issue with win 7 using same GPO's). I have tried a lot of gpo
    suggestions found on the internet and none have made a difference at login or explorer.

We do not have roaming profiles, but we do use folder redirection for my documents and that has to be where my issue is

I have worked with these gpo's

computer config>admin temp>system>user profiles

- detection of slow network connections

- wait for the remote copy of the roaming user profile

- slow network connection timeout for user profiles

- set max wait time for the network if user has roaming profile

computer config>admin temp>system>logon

- always wait for the network at computer startup and logon

Sync is off on these laptops and the csc service is disabled in registry. I have tried turning this back on, but it had no effect.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CSC]

"Start"=dword:00000004

Scott Jones (Scott.Jones), May 19, 2022
Thema:

Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

1. Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles - Similar Threads - Explorer process hanging

2. windows 11 roaming profile failed to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 roaming profile failed to login: I built 2 new Windows 11 PCs and when a user tried to login using a roaming profile, the login screen spends 10-15 minutes with the spinning circle and the word 'Welcome' beneath. Then is goes to 'Preparing Windows' for another minute or 2, then logs into a blank account now...
  3. windows 11 roaming profile failed to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 roaming profile failed to login: I built 2 new Windows 11 PCs and when a user tried to login using a roaming profile, the login screen spends 10-15 minutes with the spinning circle and the word 'Welcome' beneath. Then is goes to 'Preparing Windows' for another minute or 2, then logs into a blank account now...
  4. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login: I have a weird issue I can't seem to find anywhere else on the web. I inherited an active directory environment that uses roaming profiles. I would like to get rid of them, but when I remove the unc from the profile location, that user happens to alll of the limited number of...
  5. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login: I have a weird issue I can't seem to find anywhere else on the web. I inherited an active directory environment that uses roaming profiles. I would like to get rid of them, but when I remove the unc from the profile location, that user happens to alll of the limited number of...
  6. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  8. Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles: Hi,We just re-imaged out machines with Windows 10 21H2 LTSB build 19044.1645 and after a lot of narrowing down I found out roaming profiles, as defined in folder redirection GPO, is causing the explorer process to hang on login. It doesn't happen every time but probably 1 in...
  9. Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer process hanging upon user login 21H2 roaming profiles: Hi,We just re-imaged out machines with Windows 10 21H2 LTSB build 19044.1645 and after a lot of narrowing down I found out roaming profiles, as defined in folder redirection GPO, is causing the explorer process to hang on login. It doesn't happen every time but probably 1 in...
  10. My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Roaming User Profile was not completely syncronized, but... he's Local and not Roaming: First one, I am a Linux User by default, I'm developer and Linux is much better for this. And then, lately I've trying use Windows more times, mostly for Games and try to use some OS new. Here's the issue: I was try to change my username on Win10, I thought this is a easy...