Windows 10: Explorer quit updating real time, only worse.

Discus and support Explorer quit updating real time, only worse. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is strange. I am having a pretty consistent problem with file explorer in Windows 10 of late. I am running the latest release 86.17, Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Explorer quit updating real time, only worse.

This is strange. I am having a pretty consistent problem with file explorer in Windows 10 of late. I am running the latest release 86.17, Windows 10 64bit. Nutshell, when I create a folder, or rename a folder in Explorer, that change does not reflect on the screen. I have to exit the folder, and reopen it to see the change. If I reboot, the problem goes away for a bit, but then it comes back. It's pretty strange. I wonder if other folks are seeing the same thing after one of the latest updates.

:)

musiclover7, Dec 6, 2015
  2. botudi Win User

920 battery ...again

they have and haven't....because blaming features that you have included for people to use it's kinda saying you did wrong. Also blaming features that are on smartphones for quite a long time makes you look even worse. Didn't you know they drain power ?
    Everyone knows gps and background running apps do Explorer quit updating real time, only worse. :D

Saying the battery management is to blame is the more sincere position and that one I would approve....because it will ease the mind of buyers knowing that a software update will resolve the issue. Hidding behind features is a ''no- no'' in my book. Patience
    is easier to address than uncertainty Explorer quit updating real time, only worse. :) imho

The only thing I hope it's not (and might quite be the real problem) is that quality control messed up on battery quality which would be worst case scenario.

So fingers crossed for firmware/software solution....and/or in my case several resets and recharges more :/

botudi, Dec 6, 2015
  3. HOW TO VIEW PHONE BOOK ON PCSUITE?

ogrus, it is quite likely that your phone is broken worse as you think (not only display)

manta---01, Dec 6, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Explorer quit updating real time, only worse.

Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

• This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    • From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...orse-b.jpg?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171
    • On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
    • Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    • CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
    • Now try Explorer again to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Explorer quit updating real time, only worse.

1. Explorer quit updating real time, only worse. - Similar Threads - Explorer quit updating

2. real-time deactivated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real-time deactivated: my real-time is deactivated. when i try to activate it it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-deactivated/2a8b002b-a790-4491-a251-016c72219eba
  3. real-time deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    real-time deactivated: my real-time is deactivated. when i try to activate it it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-deactivated/2a8b002b-a790-4491-a251-016c72219eba
  4. File Explorer not updating new files in real time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not updating new files in real time: I am using Windows 10 Pro and recently when trying to add new files to any give folder, the folder does not display. I have to leave the current folder and then come back to the folder to refresh the folder in a way to have the new folder show up. The same thing happens...
  5. real-time protection

real-time protection: Hello there, Disabling real time protection is only temporary as we know and is referred to as snoozed state in the events log , is there a way to increase the time of the snooze through registry, group policy or something else ? ps : i know its not recommended to disable it...
  6. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: How do I turn it off? it is making it so I cant play one of my games(terraria) as it is blocking the mod I use called TmodLoader, I have exempted terraria.exe from the windows defender and it still wont work I tried using a command in powershell run on administrator yet...
  7. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: Windows, why does your programs/developers continue to turn on real time protection every time I turn it off? My computer already has real time protection and cannot handle two (2) applications running real time protection simultaneously. Never fails every day I go in and...
  8. Real time protection

Real time protection: real time protection is disabled although it is on in setting when I put it of and turn it on again, it says it is blocked by group policy. please help[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. real time protection

real time protection: could not run the real time protection, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/real-time-protection/bedcb5fd-b40b-4557-92a3-5b9d423d260e
  10. How to add exclusions only for real-time scanning

How to add exclusions only for real-time scanning: After using Avast for a long time I thought I would try Windows Defender out. One newbie question - how do I add exclusions for real-time scanning only or isn't this possible in Windows Defender? I have some areas where I don't want any real-time scanning for...