Windows 10: Explorer randomly crashing when using open with.

Discus and support Explorer randomly crashing when using open with. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running 1909, but my computer has been doing this since 1809. whenever i select open with from the right click menu, explorer shits the bed and i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/devicemodder2, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:18 PM.

1. Explorer randomly crashing when using open with.

Running 1909, but my computer has been doing this since 1809. whenever i select open with from the right click menu, explorer shits the bed and i'm left with no working icons.

doesn't always happen though, only at random. ie: some days, open with works fine, then a few hours/days later crash...

this has been happening since 1809 and is still happening in 1909. How can i fix this? Don't wanna reinstall as it would take too long to put everything back to the way it currently is.

submitted by /u/devicemodder2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/devicemodder2, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:18 PM

2. media player/internet explorer randomly crashes

i have had my computer going for about 5 months, and at times divx, windows media player, winamp, and internet explorer will randomly crash on me, i can play everquest for days, and any other game i got doesn't crash, everything seems to work fine except those programs, does anybody have any idea what this might be.

psychomage343, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:55 PM
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Explorer Crash

Thank you for your reply. If the above steps did not work, let's try another workaround. You can try restarting your Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and see if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside More details.
    • Under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer from the list.
    • Select Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart.

After doing so, open Windows Explorer and see if it will crash again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. vinceip Win User

Explorer randomly crashing when using open with.

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

Thema:

Explorer randomly crashing when using open with.

1. Explorer randomly crashing when using open with. - Similar Threads - Explorer randomly crashing

2. Windows Explorer Crashing when opening Documents and Downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Crashing when opening Documents and Downloads: My Windows Explorer is crashing out without an error popup whenever it opens the Download folder. For Documents it will stay open for a few seconds and work fine, then crash without a popup. All other files work fine so far, just these two. It also causes issues with...
  3. File Explorer opens randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer opens randomly: Hi, I have a problem and is that yesterday my pc was lagging because I had a 3d rendering software eating all the RAM, so all the other tasks suffer lagging as a consequence, so I decided to close everything except task manager and the program. When it finished, I used the...
  4. File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly: I have a few users on 1809 that when accessing files, file explorer will close and leave the file open at unpredictable intervals. I've tried running sfc/ scannow, I checked GPO drive mapping is set to update, the disconnect time for mapped drives is much longer than a lot of...
  5. File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently

File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently: Title says it all. I was playing a game the other day when I noticed that there were no borders, so my mouse cursor would go to my second monitor while I was playing. This could be unrelated, but I thought it started happening after this, and it might have been caused by me...
  6. Windows File Explorer Opening Randomly

Windows File Explorer Opening Randomly: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 Affecting two machines. Two instances of File Explorer just randomly opens. Problem seen on a desktop with OS installed on 7/16/2018 - the kicker, I just installed windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series...
  7. File Explorer Opens Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Opens Randomly: Whenever I start or end a game,browse,or just about any action,file explorer opens us.any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-opens-randomly/11572ebc-1ea3-4414-b049-0bc0b08081bd
  8. Windows 10 crashes when opening explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashes when opening explorer: i think it happens when i stress out my pc too much, but the thing is, it seems that even opening explorer (mycomputer, other folders) triggers it, and i dont think that should happen. when it does, it keeps rebooting, sometimes for 20 minutes. it doesnt get to the windows...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  10. Random Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Explorer Crash: Curious to know if someone can point me in the right direction of figuring out a random Explorer.exe crash. I've checked in event viewer and can't seem to pin point it. Looking for suggestions. Pasted below is the error and information levels found withing Event Viewer under...