Windows 10: Explorer refresh bug

Discus and support Explorer refresh bug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with explorer refresh when creating folders or copying files from between directories after installing NFS Client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarioElPadre, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Explorer refresh bug

Hello,

I am having a problem with explorer refresh when creating folders or copying files from between directories after installing NFS Client feature in Windows 10 Pro edition.

This problem I had before in my old computer last year but I assumed because the old computer was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I had the issue in my old computer all 2019 with each last Windows updated on that year But now with my new computer after installing NFS Client, the behavior is the same, even with the last version of Windows 10 update Windows 10 Pro. Version 2004, OS Build 19041.450

I tried to uninstall the NFS but even uninstalled, it is not working as before. Remains the problem of refreshing only with manual F5

Do you know how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

:)

MarioElPadre, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

3. Paddy Win User
    Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

Same in the safe mode, no changes...

I have tried pretty much all those suggestions from various sites, but none of them worked for me.
    What I have seems to be a major issue, they even call it WEDR bug.
    The only thing that slightly changed recently... sometimes, a few times I managed to get automatic refresh for the Desktop, if I for example do the right click and create a new folder, it does create instantly and is visible straight away.... hoewever this never happens in Windows Explorer... I think I once got a file in C: to be processed automatically but thats it... and never had ANY automatic refresh for any of the folders and files on external drives.

Paddy, Aug 27, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Explorer refresh bug

Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Explorer refresh bug

1. Explorer refresh bug - Similar Threads - Explorer refresh bug

2. Will Quick Access bug in File Explorer (causing no refresh) ever be fixed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Quick Access bug in File Explorer (causing no refresh) ever be fixed?: [ATTACH] For some time I've experienced an annoying bug in File explorer. Whenever you drag and drop a file, delete a file, create a file, delete many files, there isn't a refresh happening and you need to press manually F5 to see changes.. Once I disabled these two Quick...
  3. Automatic Refresh bug still present in Windows 11- Desktop, File Explorer do not refresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Refresh bug still present in Windows 11- Desktop, File Explorer do not refresh...: There is a bug with Windows that has been around for awhile now and that is that the Desktop and File Explorer do not refresh automatically when a mapped network drive is no longer connected. To my disappointment, this bug is still present in Windows 11.When creating a New...
  4. Automatic Refresh bug still present in Windows 11- Desktop, File Explorer do not refresh...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Refresh bug still present in Windows 11- Desktop, File Explorer do not refresh...: There is a bug with Windows that has been around for awhile now and that is that the Desktop and File Explorer do not refresh automatically when a mapped network drive is no longer connected. To my disappointment, this bug is still present in Windows 11.When creating a New...
  5. Explorer bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer bugs: Some older screenshots around May/June 2021. But I guess still not fixed...!As old as Windows 95. But got worse with each new Windows version.Windows apps crashing / memory issues.Here's one event log. Explorer had about 5 windows open, and not doing anything. The memory was...
  6. Explorer bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer bugs: Some older screenshots around May/June 2021. But I guess still not fixed...!As old as Windows 95. But got worse with each new Windows version.Windows apps crashing / memory issues.Here's one event log. Explorer had about 5 windows open, and not doing anything. The memory was...
  7. Explorer bugs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Explorer Refresh Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer Refresh Issues: The last few days I've been having issues with Explorer not refreshing automatically when copying/pasting/deleting files from folders. I have to manually Ctrl+R in order for the files to appear or disappear. I've also encountered a problem where Explorer crashes if I drag a...
  9. Windows explorer not refreshing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer not refreshing: Hello,Windows explorer not refreshing. In folders where video files are, there were thumbnails (small picture of the video clip). Now there are only medium icons with "mp4" text inside.Once when I opened such a folder, there was a yellow progress bar running at the upper side...
  10. Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 1709, I've noticed that Windows Explorer is refusing to automatically refresh files and folders when a change is made. For example, if I download a file and then delete that file, Explorer prompts if I want to delete the file. I press yes and yet the...