Windows 10: Explorer restart loop

Discus and support Explorer restart loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue, every time he navigates to a certain folder, explorer crashes with the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blueman83, Sep 1, 2020.

1. blueman83 Win User

Explorer restart loop

Hi all,

I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue, every time he navigates to a certain folder, explorer crashes with the following error:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xc6e6ae29
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0x06701e03
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000fed79
    Faulting process ID: 0x2524
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d67ff718db2222
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: a3097de1-345f-4c60-9baa-64aaef89ae6b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

It appears that if he copies/pastes the folder to the desktop he can access it, but I'd like to try to figure out what is causing it. It is quite deep down in terms of directory structure so may be due to a pathname character limitation? I have tried running chkdsk /f /r on the drive. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

:)

blueman83, Sep 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Restart loop

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

As you are experiencing restart loop in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    Ramesh.Kumar from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 restart loop- can't fix

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
  4. alijcam Win User

Explorer restart loop

explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll

Hi All
    I have a Dell 9150 (yes, it's pretty old!) on which I have been running all of the various W10-64 releases.
    Up to 9926 I have not had major issues, other than Office 2010 outlook and Word throwing CRT errors on launch.
    9926 installed well, but after updates for Office 2010 and W10 OS I now get the explorer restart loop, every second or so.
    Eventually, after 20 - 40 restarts, the cycle stops, but with taskbar icons and start menu tiles and icons missing.
    Restarting explorer in the task/service list restarts the looping process.
    Can anyone suggest the best things/way to look for to debug - or at least identify - the issue?
    Thanks

alijcam, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Explorer restart loop

1. Explorer restart loop - Similar Threads - Explorer restart loop

2. Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart Loop: My laptop Dell Inspiron went through an update. When it turns on now the dell logo appears, then it says “Updates are underway. Please keep computer on” then it says “Restarting” then it turns off and restarts the loop from the beginning with the Dell logo. I have tried force...
  3. Restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart loop: Hello I have lenovo legion 5, today i was normally playing games then i saw pc power loss, just lagging and i pressed restart pc and from then it only boots to screen when shows restarting snd then actually restart and bsck to that screen, so the infinite loop for almost an...
  4. Restart loop

Restart loop: Hello I have lenovo legion 5, today i was normally playing games then i saw pc power loss, just lagging and i pressed restart pc and from then it only boots to screen when shows restarting snd then actually restart and bsck to that screen, so the infinite loop for almost an...
  5. Restart loop

Restart loop: I did a clean installation of windows 10 and it happened successsfully but lastly it said windows will restart and now it is in a loop of restart what should i do.Some thing i would like you to know..I changed something in bios boot order to usb and then changed back to...
  6. Restarting loop

Restarting loop: Hello, I have a problem with my PC because yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to clean my PC for everything so I did it.Now its cleaned but now it is where the problem starts.When I try to set the PC up with the language and timezone etc. it starts loading but then...
  7. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  8. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  9. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loop: I reset my computer today, to clean it up and get a fresh start. Everything went smoothly, then windows 10 started installing. Then, about halfway through the installation, a pop up said "your pc has restarted unexpectedly or has experienced a problem." So it told me to...