Windows 10: Explorer restart loop

Discus and support Explorer restart loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue, every time he navigates to a certain folder, explorer crashes with the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blueman83, Sep 1, 2020.

1. blueman83 Win User

Explorer restart loop

Hi all,

I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue, every time he navigates to a certain folder, explorer crashes with the following error:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xc6e6ae29
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0x06701e03
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000fed79
    Faulting process ID: 0x2524
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d67ff718db2222
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: a3097de1-345f-4c60-9baa-64aaef89ae6b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

It appears that if he copies/pastes the folder to the desktop he can access it, but I'd like to try to figure out what is causing it. It is quite deep down in terms of directory structure so may be due to a pathname character limitation? I have tried running chkdsk /f /r on the drive. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

:)

blueman83, Sep 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Restart loop

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

As you are experiencing restart loop in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    Ramesh.Kumar from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 restart loop- can't fix

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
  4. alijcam Win User

Explorer restart loop

explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll

Hi All
    I have a Dell 9150 (yes, it's pretty old!) on which I have been running all of the various W10-64 releases.
    Up to 9926 I have not had major issues, other than Office 2010 outlook and Word throwing CRT errors on launch.
    9926 installed well, but after updates for Office 2010 and W10 OS I now get the explorer restart loop, every second or so.
    Eventually, after 20 - 40 restarts, the cycle stops, but with taskbar icons and start menu tiles and icons missing.
    Restarting explorer in the task/service list restarts the looping process.
    Can anyone suggest the best things/way to look for to debug - or at least identify - the issue?
    Thanks

alijcam, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Explorer restart loop

1. Explorer restart loop - Similar Threads - Explorer restart loop

2. Restarting loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting loop: Ive uppdated the windows and retstarted my pc, but now my pc is restarting continuosly. I can not acces the safe mod, ive try to press F8 but is not working, I`ve shutdown my pc 3 times for autorepair but is not working either nothing is happening. How can I fix this whitout...
  3. 64% restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64% restart loop: I reset my pc and when installing windows now it comes up with a blue screen with 64% and at the bottom it says your pc will restart several times. it keeps restarting but never works i already did the regedit thing from 1 to 3 please someone tell me what to do...
  4. Infinite restart loop

Infinite restart loop: I decided to reset the pc and when I'm installing windows it got to 64 percent and started an endless loop of restarting only to go back to 64 and then restart. submitted by /u/Mayo0215 [link] [comments]...
  5. Infinite Restarting Loop

Infinite Restarting Loop: So yesterday after finishing an update I was repeatedly getting blue screens with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I proceed to look online find solutions but can't make any headway with the solutions found because the bluecreens happened to fast. My thought was "f**k...
  6. Restart loops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loops: So I factory reset my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15). I was planning on selling it but now I have a problem. When I boot it up it goes back to as if it had no owner and ask for info, fine that's what I wanted. The problem is that it loops, after it ask me to connect my wifi it...
  7. Infinite restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite restart loop: I tried reinstalling windows through a usb drive when it suddenly needed to recover and when I went through the process of installing it, my computer died, and now it's on a infinite restart loop saying this: Install Windows The computer restarted unexpectedly or...
  8. Restart loop in windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart loop in windows: My system is showing your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. The restart loop is not ending. I am not able to repair it using a bootable usb drive. Please help me how to enter windows without losing any of my files....
  9. PC in restarting loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC in restarting loop: I reset my PC to factory settings. Get login page for Administrator followed by a box labeled Install Windows. The message says Windows could not complete the installation, To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation. Keeps running but doesn't restart; goes...
  10. Restart Required Loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restart Required Loop: My system keeps telling me I need to restart my system to finish installing software for my device. I have already restarted multiple times and verified that the device drivers and software installed correctly the first time. Microsoft Answer Desk used DriverPack Solution to...