Windows 10: Explorer restarts automatically

Discus and support Explorer restarts automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; File explorer of windows 10 of my laptop would restart randomly. Like today, I turned on my laptop, used Microsoft Edge for a while, transfered a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chani179, Dec 4, 2018.

1. chani179 Win User

Explorer restarts automatically

File explorer of windows 10 of my laptop would restart randomly. Like today, I turned on my laptop, used Microsoft Edge for a while, transfered a few files from my mobile phone, and then, when I opened the explorer to see those files, it hanged first and then restarted automatically. I have been facing this problem from quite sometime.

Please help me how should I fix this?

Thanks and regards!

Charanjit Singh

:)

chani179, Dec 4, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Explorer restarts automatically

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer restarts automatically

1. Explorer restarts automatically - Similar Threads - Explorer restarts automatically

2. Automatic restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic restart: I was just minding my own business in school doing a test but all of the sudden the screen started lagging. It wasn’t your normal fps lag. It repeated a single frame multiple times until it just went black. My computer restarted atomically and it was all fine. I checked task...
  3. Automatic restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic restart: I was just minding my own business in school doing a test but all of the sudden the screen started lagging. It wasn’t your normal fps lag. It repeated a single frame multiple times until it just went black. My computer restarted atomically and it was all fine. I checked task...
  4. automatically restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    automatically restart: My laptop automatically shutdown and restart which continuously i can't do anything even i didn't attend the interview due to this error someone helpme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-restart/10706f25-911b-472e-9030-0f90e1c404fc
  5. automatic restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    automatic restart: Hi, my laptop gets an blue screen error and a stop code, restarts. installed windows: windows 10 pro - version 1903 OS Build 18362, 778 stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION computer name: DESKTOP-L8LB71M Dell...
  6. Automatic restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic restart: my PC shows blue screen frequently mentioning that it needs to restart. how can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-restart/a84c6cc4-3868-4281-997f-f016d975987a
  7. Automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restarts: My brother's pc has 1803 and got a notification for restarting to upgrade to 1903. That's cool and all, but it doesn't restart automatically some days later. The "update and restart" button is a separate button. Does it keep waiting for you to manually restart or will it...
  8. Automatic restarts

Automatic restarts: I bought a new Lenova IdeaCentre January 2019 and it worked great for about 3 weeks, then for some reason it would automatically restart when I would close my browser, and occasionally out of the clear blue while doing browsing, facebooking or just doing anything in general....
  9. automatic restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic restart: Hello, How to stop windows from automatic restart? I lost my experiments that was running for days because of this issue, and I have to repeat everything again. It seems technology is getting smarter except windows, I wonder why? Best, Hamzah...
  10. Automatically Restart.

Automatically Restart.: My computer sometimes says that it will restart automatically in one minute. This is annoying, some days it happens only one time but then others it happens every time. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer restarts automatically