Windows 10: Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

Discus and support Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kim Heewoon, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application start time: 0x01d839be0cb48814Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exeFaulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dllReport Id: 459db

:)

Kim Heewoon, Mar 17, 2022
  2. little cat, Mar 17, 2022
  3. trane251 Win User
    Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

Hi All,

About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart.
    • I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD problem went away
    • 2 days later my computer will turn on for about 2 minutes and then restart. About 2 seconds prior to the restart my cursor will freeze
    • I tried to do a system restore but it did not complete
    • Computer will not boot into Safe Mode (just hangs on the computer logo, Lenova)
    • I am suspecting a potential virus due to being overseas and on an open network at the hotel. I did use a U.S. VPN when on the internet. I also downloaded some torrents, TV Shows, prior to the trip. Yes....a very bad idea
    • I have not posted in a virus forum...this is my first one.

Thank you for the assistance.

trane251, Mar 17, 2022
  4. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

Windows Explorer keeps restarting in half minute intervals???

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused. We'll be glad to help you fix this.

A question, which version of Windows 10 are you using?

Verify the same by following the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type winver and press Enter.
    Method 1:

I would suggest you to terminate explorer.exe and then restart it.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click on task manager.

• Locate explorer.exe and right click on it to end task.

• Click on File and select new task.

• Type explorer.exe and start the task.
    Method 2:

Also, install the Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue:

I suggest you to Install available Windows Updates and see if it helps. Follow the below steps to install Windows Updates.

Go to Start > Settings > Update and Recovery and click
    Check for Updates.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, let's start the PC in safe mode by referring the below link and check.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows

If the issue doesn’t persists, then it’s likely a cause by third party application. Let’s do a clean boot and identify the cause.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below given link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

1. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes - Similar Threads - Explorer restarts every

2. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  3. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  4. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  5. 2 minutes on restart screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 minutes on restart screen: I recenlty noticed that my windows 10 pc takes a lot to restart (stays more than 2 minutes on that restart screen with those spinning dots). Shutdown takes less than 10 seconds and starting from shutdown takes about 15 seconds, the only problem is that part of restart with...
  6. External monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds, every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds, every few minutes: TL;DR Solution: buy active adapter to connect monitor to dock. Problem: I am having this issue with Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock new version - v2? + External Monitor. Context: This old post from 2015 was closed without a clear answer:...
  7. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds: My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this? submitted by /u/Sulzer685 [link] [comments]...
  8. System restarting every minute on it's own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restarting every minute on it's own.: Two days ago I clicked 'reset network'. From that moment my dell laptop is not using internet though it is connected to network through wifi. None of setting options in 'setting' was opening and even it was being automatically closed. Somehow I clicked one option in...
  9. Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart: Upon reaching the desktop after a restart or startup, my screen goes completely black for 2-3 minutes. After that, the desktop appears again and everything works as expected – although some system tray items continue to load. This is not an intermittent thing - it happens...
  10. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes: Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart. I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD...