Windows 10: Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

Discus and support Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Reading elsewhere it seems that the idea of wanting to hide/disable the Explorer search box is stupid .... I have multiple duplicates from years of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pavl, May 7, 2021.

1. Pavl Win User

Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

Reading elsewhere it seems that the idea of wanting to hide/disable the Explorer search box is stupid .... I have multiple duplicates from years of being paranoid (copies of backups and vice versa). Now housekeeping "extreme". On my 1920x1080 screen even with navigation pane off I am struggling to go through many tens of thousands of files ...(also using AuslogicsDupFind plus other tools). So ... I just want to be able to see as much of the address bar as possible while I wade through this soup of my own cooking ! Only a few characters in it but need all I can get .. Is there a way to create a couple of shortcuts to hide/show this explorer search box ? Happy to regedit under instruction ... w10p 1909 up-to-date.

:)

Pavl, May 7, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, May 7, 2021
  3. Cuzza Win User
    Hiding the search box in Vista

Hi all,

The search box in the folders window in Vista is irritating me. I never use it, it would be nice to get rid of it so that the address bar would be longer and show the full path more often.

Anyone know if the search box can be hidden/disabled? I've had a good Google about it and not found much, but I might be missing something obvious.

-cuzza

Cuzza, May 7, 2021
  4. Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

No search box on taskbar Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search). :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

1. Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search). - Similar Threads - Explorer search box

2. How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar: In the search box in taskbar, there is a window like this:---------------------------------------------------------suggestions X "bing logo" AI supported helper Say goodbye to infinite search results! --------------- Try new bing ---------------...
  3. How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar: In the search box in taskbar, there is a window like this:---------------------------------------------------------suggestions X "bing logo" AI supported helper Say goodbye to infinite search results! --------------- Try new bing ---------------...
  4. How to hide "try new bing" in the search box in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  6. Taskbar Search Box Not Working

Taskbar Search Box Not Working: I've been using Windows 10 on this laptop for a few years. Yesterday things seemed to have a bit of a meltdown, and I did a restart which took a LONG time. Now for my main Admin account the Taskbar Search box does not work. I don't even see SearchUI running for this user....
  7. Search box on taskbar

Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  8. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  9. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"
  10. Hide or Show Search Box in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Search Box in Internet Explorer 11: How to: Hide or Show Search Box in Internet Explorer 11 How to Hide or Show Search Box in Internet Explorer 11 [img] Information default web browser in Windows 10. In IE11, you can show tabs on a separate row, but this will also have the search box show to the...