Windows 10: Explorer Search field does not work

Discus and support Explorer Search field does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus. I have tried each following approach:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R. Keith Howard, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Explorer Search field does not work

Hello,

The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus.

I have tried each following approach:

>Press Windows key + F

>Click the mouse in such field

The search field getting the focus has been flaky for me for the past 1-2 years, but now the problem is disabling. I cannot search at all in Explorer.

I also tried restarting the Windows search service WSearch, but this did not help.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Keith

:)

R. Keith Howard, Jan 27, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

Hello there,

A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working.

When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order to search for smth, that field simply won't work. Cursor won't show itself in the field, and therefore I cannot
    even start typing anything there at all.

The searching service is loaded and works, problem in just with searching within Windows Explorer.

I wonder how could this be fixed?

Inscriptor, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Explorer Search field does not work

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Explorer Search field does not work

1. Explorer Search field does not work - Similar Threads - Explorer Search field

2. File Explorer won't accept input in search field

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer won't accept input in search field: Dear Community, Over the last couple of weeks since last update I've been experiencing a number of issues which it has not been possible to fix. One of these is that I'm unable to enter any keywords into the file search field of the file explorer. When I try, it simply...
  3. Webpage search field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webpage search field: When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  4. Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work

in Cortana
    Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work: Hi I bought my computer last week and installed Windows 10 last friday. yesterday i suddenly had problems with using the file ewplorer search function, and I don't know how to make it work again...
  5. Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?: Since about 1 week I have the problem that I cannot use the search in Windows Explorer. I just press on it and I can't type any text and the I sign doesn't appear on what I am allowed to type. The same problem with Cortana. I would be glad about help. Thanks Cortana/Windows...
  6. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  7. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  8. Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer

Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer: I have a machine, where the user commonly navigates to a folder, and uses the Windows search field to search for documents in that folder. At least 4 days a week, at some point, she will click the search field and the cursor does not appear in the box. She can't type...
  9. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting: Hello there, A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working. When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order...
  10. Search field missing from explorer

Search field missing from explorer: The search field in explorer, the one in the upper right corner is suddenly missing. It might've happened after an update but I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I updated to build 18922 today, and the search field is still missing. Any solution to this? [ATTACH]...