Windows 10: Explorer settings not sticky?

Discus and support Explorer settings not sticky? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like to have my files displayed in Explorer in Date Modified sort order, whether in Detail or Large Icon view. I have set Explorer to ignore file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bwallx, Aug 13, 2021.

1. bwallx Win User

Explorer settings not sticky?

I like to have my files displayed in Explorer in Date Modified sort order, whether in Detail or Large Icon view. I have set Explorer to ignore file types so it doesn't automatical display files as large icons if it is an image folder for example. But although I set the columns to include Modified Date and set that column to sort in ascending order when in Detail view, this is forgotten if a program opens the folder for saving or loading. I hope I've explained this clearly! Example: When I use Photoshop to open an image folder to load a file, I want it (the folder) to display a detail list in modified date order, always. But Win 10 21H1 doesn't play ball. I hate it when any software tries to be helpful! It invariably gets it wrong as there is no real AI at work here. So is there a hack that will make my Explorer settings sticky regardless of if Windows iteself or an application opens it please? PS I do have Winaero Tweaker that goes some way but not enough!

:)

bwallx, Aug 13, 2021

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Explorer settings not sticky?

Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Explorer settings not sticky?

1. Explorer settings not sticky? - Similar Threads - Explorer settings sticky

2. STICKY NOTES MENU "SETTING" MISSING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STICKY NOTES MENU "SETTING" MISSING: 1. The button with three dots is missing settings button. The settings button on my "sticky note" is gone. 2. I cannot resize the font.3. I have done ctrl+shift+> Does Not Work ON WIN 10. I just want to make the font bigger! WIN10 took that away!4. I even tried to copy & past...
  3. STICKY NOTES MENU "SETTING" MISSING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STICKY NOTES MENU "SETTING" MISSING: 1. The button with three dots is missing settings button. The settings button on my "sticky note" is gone. 2. I cannot resize the font.3. I have done ctrl+shift+> Does Not Work ON WIN 10. I just want to make the font bigger! WIN10 took that away!4. I even tried to copy & past...
  4. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  5. settings & file explorer

settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  6. File Explorer Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting: Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image. - [img] 164289
  7. How to reach settings of Sticky notes in Windows 10?

How to reach settings of Sticky notes in Windows 10?: Hello ..... I have setup a new laptop with windows 10. I use sticky notes and which are synced with my Hotmail account. But now in this new PC whenever I open the sticky notes, I directly open a new note fro me. I am unable to reach setting place where I can add my account so...
  8. Sticky Notes Crashes When Clicking on the Settings Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sticky Notes Crashes When Clicking on the Settings Button: Just opened Sticky Notes and signed in with my MS account. When I click on the "Settings" button, the program crashes. Why is it doing this and is there a solution?...
  9. Sticky key settings restore on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky key settings restore on restart: I want to turn sticky key off. I went to "Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use", unchecked "Turn on Sticky Keys". I also went to "Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Set up Sticky Keys" and unchecked everything...
  10. Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Sticky Keys Settings in Windows When Sticky Keys is turned on, you can press a modifier key (SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT) and then another key in sequence rather than at the same time, to enter...