Windows 10: Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back?

Discus and support Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, with the latest win10 update explorer has stopped displaying image thumbnails. Historically this was always the default and all of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cohenfive, Jul 31, 2019.

1. cohenfive Win User

Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back?

For some reason, with the latest win10 update explorer has stopped displaying image thumbnails. Historically this was always the default and all of a sudden I am getting image icons instead of thumbnails. I've looked around the web a bit but none of the solutions I have found change the default to display large image thumbnails as used to be the case in all folders. Now every folder I open I have to change the view to large icons. Where can I make the change permanent and across all folders? Thanks.

:)

cohenfive, Jul 31, 2019
  2. d0gknees Win User

Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, Jul 31, 2019
  3. windows 10 explorer thumbnails do not display correctly in preview

Very often the thumbnail (preview image) does not show the view presented when the image is viewed in an editor eg using MS Office 2010 viewer.

I can't find a 'refresh thumbnail' option in Win Explorer

I have spent an hour or so trawling the web for solutions. These included 1) deleting all Thumbs.db files, and 2) stopping the explorer process, clearing the thumbnail database and re-starting explorer.

Explorer seems content to ignore all this and to continue displaying the thumbnails incorrectly.

Stephen_Ford, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back?

Explorer displays .jpg thumbnails only, not .JPG

Hi Jenicel,

thanks for your reply.

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

I updated Windows to 1709

• Can you send us the screenshot of the File Explorer showing your .jpg files?

Here it is (just to be more accurate, thumbnails of the JPG appear 1 sec then disappear):

Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back? d830d8e4-57a5-4828-a368-492d3d8d75ac.png

• Does it happen all the files that are in your File Explorer?

Yes

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Tried all the things related to explorer itself (thumbnails instead of icons etc)

I also wanted to delete the thumbnails cache but, even in safe mode, I did not succeed...

Thanks in advance,

Michaël

PS : I tried something strange. I have 2 .jpg that are correctly displayed as thumbnails in Explorer.

I renamed one of them into .JPG. When Windows saves the files, it is automatically renamed into .jpg but is not displayed as a thumbnail! Then, I renamed it back to .jpg and hop! It comes back as a thumbnail!!!

michaellaine, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back?

1. Explorer Stopped Displaying Image Thumbnails..How Do I Get This Back? - Similar Threads - Explorer Stopped Displaying

2. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  3. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  4. How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?: I recently had to download TreeSize to help check on what I thought was an issue but turned out to be nothing. However, when I installed it it messed up how my File Explorer looks. Even after uninstalling my File Explorer looks the same. How do I fix this?...
  5. How to display image thumbnails in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display image thumbnails in Windows 10?: OK I know this is an age-old question, but I've never been able to display any images since I bought my Surface Pro 4 new, I always get the image icon rather than the actual image. On the various desktops I have it's never been a problem. The image flashes briefly when I...
  6. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed: I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/-Skybird-...
  7. How do I get an image's URL on File Explorer ?

How do I get an image's URL on File Explorer ?: How do I get an image's URL on File Explorer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-an-images-url-on-file-explorer/1001f1fb-eeec-45f8-96d6-6c0e58f98bf5
  8. How do I get rid of blue arrow image on picture thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of blue arrow image on picture thumbnails?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RopeKnotWhat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5uje6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_blue_arrow_image_on_picture/
  9. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...
  10. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....