Windows 10: Explorer sync status icons keep refreshing, it breaks right click menu

Discus and support Explorer sync status icons keep refreshing, it breaks right click menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have OneDrive and GoogleDrive (different folders) and both of these are using system of sync status icon overlays on files in explorer. From what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wlk, Jul 25, 2019.

1. WLK
    Wlk Win User

Explorer sync status icons keep refreshing, it breaks right click menu

I have OneDrive and GoogleDrive (different folders) and both of these are using system of sync status icon overlays on files in explorer. From what I found it is Windows 10 system function. Problem is, that as soon as I change file or generally any sync is going on in background, Explorer keeps refreshing whole folder containing overlay icons. And if you try to make any right-click operation on file/folder, menu is closed with each refresh. And it goes every second or so. Any idea, how to make this work without disabling whole icon overlay system through registry?

For those not familiar - talking about this green marker in bottom left corner, it is also shown in left pane of file explorer on all folders/files in OneDrive/GoogleDrive folders.

Explorer sync status icons keep refreshing, it breaks right click menu wkOOLSx.png

:)

2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Explorer sync status icons keep refreshing, it breaks right click menu - Similar Threads - Explorer sync status

2. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  3. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Custom Icons in Right Click menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Icons in Right Click menu.: [ATTACH] Hello! Is possible to add custom icons to the right click menu options (example screenshot)? Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qmuv6tpve2l61.png?width=215&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff27929f918cba85ad59deafc6b3aad981d2d1bc submitted by /u/_TopComp_ [link]...
  8. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...
  9. StartIsBack++ Breaks Right Click on Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    StartIsBack++ Breaks Right Click on Taskbar Icons: I have installed a Fresh Copy of W10 Education Insiders Preview (20H1 Build 19008.1000), and wanted to customized it. So i Downloaded and Installed StartIsBack++ Trial and Set everything up. After Trying to Right Click the Firefox Icon, i noticed that Right Clicking On...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...