Windows 10: Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive.

Discus and support Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About 3-4 days ago, Drive D: (Disk 3) showed up on Explorer. Tried to open it up and it said no media, please insert a disk?? Does not show on mini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meebers, Jun 30, 2020.

1. meebers Win User

Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive.

About 3-4 days ago, Drive D: (Disk 3) showed up on Explorer. Tried to open it up and it said no media, please insert a disk?? Does not show on mini partition tool (thinks its a cd?). Disk manager shows as removable no media. Removed drive letter D: assigned to it and the properties show it as my default printer.? Not sure how to correct this, any help appreciated.

:)

meebers, Jun 30, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection??
    Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone?
    Thanks guys.

OldMike65, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive.

issue with internet explorer and connection of printer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that some system files are already corrupted or system configuration are not configured properly. To help you with this, please answer the following questions below:

• What is the build version of Windows that you are using? To check it, type in
      winver on Search bar and hit Ok.
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes?

Regarding the Internet Explorer concern, you can provide us a screenshot of what exactly is happening to it. Meanwhile, you can perform the following suggested steps:

• See the steps on this link on how to connect printer and troubleshoot if it is not working properly.
    • If the same issue persists, visit this link for some advanced troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive.

1. Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive. - Similar Threads - Explorer thinks printer

2. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  3. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  4. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive.

Explorer thinks my printer is a disk drive.: About 3-4 days ago, Drive D: (Disk 3) showed up on Explorer. Tried to open it up and it said no media, please insert a disk?? Does not show on mini partition tool (thinks its a cd?). Disk manager shows as removable no media. Removed drive letter D: assigned to it and the...
  6. thinking of changing my hard drive to ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    thinking of changing my hard drive to ssd: thinking of changing my hard drive to ssd..can I migrate my windows 10 operating system. or do I have to buy new.. if I can migrate will any virus I may have cross over to ssd ….thanks .. hope you can understand my question .....
  7. Thinking my internal C drive is dying

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Thinking my internal C drive is dying: I woke up one morning to a disconcerting noise. The closest thing to the noise I can describe it sounds like someone walking through water or xmas wrapping paper being crumpled. I know the old mechanical hdd in my desktop would start making loud mechanical noises. I suspect...
  8. Window puts my printer in Device Manager under disk drives

Window puts my printer in Device Manager under disk drives: Well this is kinda strange, Windows keeps putting my Canon printer in device manager under the disk drive also puts the printer under printers which is correct. Everytime I uninstall it from under the disk drive location it puts it back after a reboot. Also get dump files...
  9. Windows thinks my USB flash disk is a ''hard drive" or something

Windows thinks my USB flash disk is a ''hard drive" or something: Let me explain what I really mean. A work computer screwed up my flash drive. I'm wondering if it is fixable or not. When I went back to my computer to test it out Windows will beep telling me that it is recognized. Explorer shows it as a new drive "E" written as "USB Drive...
  10. Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?: Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection?? Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone? Thanks guys. 19217