Windows 10: Explorer used MOST of my battery

Discus and support Explorer used MOST of my battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just cannot understand and cannot find any setting about the battery usage of explorer. What I can do is stop the explorer in task manager right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KATRINAYeung, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Explorer used MOST of my battery

I just cannot understand and cannot find any setting about the battery usage of explorer. What I can do is stop the explorer in task manager right after I turn on my laptop, and then I can find the remaining time of battery extend like triple........

What can I do to make the explorer using less battery?

Explorer used MOST of my battery 3f5598c1-5d65-45e4-a5ae-b60cef4d055b?upload=true.png

:)

KATRINAYeung, Nov 5, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Explorer used MOST of my battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Explorer used MOST of my battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Explorer used MOST of my battery

This battery is not available to use !!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details.

Let’s try different troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. At first, I suggest you to remove the battery from the laptop and replaced it again.

Also, I recommend you to update the battery driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Batteries to expand and right click on the device and
      update the driver.
    If that does not helps, you can also try contacting the computer manufacturer for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Explorer used MOST of my battery

1. Explorer used MOST of my battery - Similar Threads - Explorer used battery

2. Various BOSD mostly on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BOSD mostly on battery: Dear Microsoft support team.I am running into various BOSD on my Asus Flow x16, mostly when running it on battery, after ca. 15min. Lately there are also BOSD during the start followed by a normal start, or while running with external power.BOSD Messages...
  3. Various BOSD mostly on battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BOSD mostly on battery: Dear Microsoft support team.I am running into various BOSD on my Asus Flow x16, mostly when running it on battery, after ca. 15min. Lately there are also BOSD during the start followed by a normal start, or while running with external power.BOSD Messages...
  4. the "system" process is using most of my resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the "system" process is using most of my resources: it's the "system" process ntoskml.exe so I can't disable it, whenever the system is idling it does up to 100% on whatever it wants, CPU, Memory or Disk at random, and 70% is ntoskml and the remaining 30% are used my random processes or Service Hosts besides that, when I open...
  5. Most Used softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most Used softwares: Does the most used category depend on how long you use the app or on how many times you open the app? submitted by /u/ointment09 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j354j4/most_used_softwares/
  6. battery use

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery use: My laptop cuts off in 1-2 minutes if I unplug it, however the battery shows a nearly full charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-use/c7489a56-bb28-4a1a-86c6-ccbe81204418
  7. The most annoying bluetooth battery messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The most annoying bluetooth battery messages: I have a bluetooth mechanical keyboard (and a standard wired one I'm using now) When the battery is low I get a message in the lower right corner "battey level on device is 19%" Yes it is misspelled. Then it pops up 50 more times. Even after I unplug the BT USB and turn off...
  8. The most annoying bluetooth battery messages

in Windows 10 Support
    The most annoying bluetooth battery messages: I have a bluetooth mechanical keyboard (and a standard wired one I'm using now) When the battery is low I get a message in the lower right corner "battey level on device is 19%" Yes it is misspelled. Then it pops up 50 more times. Even after I unplug the BT USB and turn off...
  9. Most Used Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World: Microsoft’s most current web browser Internet Explorer 11 is now the most popular web-surfing tool out there. According to the latest stats from analyst firm Net Applications, the Internet Explorer 11 has climbed up the order to take the baton from the widespread Internet...