Windows 10: Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

Discus and support Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is this yet another windows 10 'feature' ? I hate the group view feature in explorer so keep setting it to 'none', yet quite often I find when booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Digitaldreams, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

Is this yet another windows 10 'feature' ?

I hate the group view feature in explorer so keep setting it to 'none', yet quite often I find when booting it's back again. Ring any bells ?

Thanks in advance..

:)

Digitaldreams, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

Mine have been staying set but the only view that doesn't is the Save as panel, no View tab on it to make the change.

Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !? [​IMG]

Berton, May 23, 2020
  3. Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

Is this yet another windows 10 'feature' ?

I hate the group view feature in explorer so keep setting it to 'none', yet quite often I find when booting it's back again. Ring any bells ?

Thanks in advance..

Digitaldreams, May 23, 2020
  4. Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

1. Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !? - Similar Threads - Explorer view grouping

2. Windows Explorer Compact View keeps reverting back to expanded view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Compact View keeps reverting back to expanded view: I can change it to Compact view but within a few hours it has reverted back to expanded view - which I really don't like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-compact-view-keeps-reverting-back/98a26020-45f2-4006-92df-0d9f59da1a09
  3. Windows Explorer Compact View keeps reverting back to expanded view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Compact View keeps reverting back to expanded view: I can change it to Compact view but within a few hours it has reverted back to expanded view - which I really don't like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-compact-view-keeps-reverting-back/98a26020-45f2-4006-92df-0d9f59da1a09
  4. File View Keeps Reverting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File View Keeps Reverting: Unable to select List View for files and folders, keeps reverting to Details. Tried to save under Options, won't allow, keeps reverting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-keeps-reverting/96815897-5938-4b18-b97d-18874f6b1c1c
  5. File View Keeps Reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File View Keeps Reverting: Unable to select List View for files and folders, keeps reverting to Details. Tried to save under Options, won't allow, keeps reverting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-keeps-reverting/96815897-5938-4b18-b97d-18874f6b1c1c
  6. File View Keeps Reverting

7. file explorer view settings keep resetting

file explorer view settings keep resetting: I set the view settings for show hidden folders and show file extensions. Everything is fine. At some point, maybe within a week or maybe when Windows does an update, it changes back to no extensions and no hidden folders.This is VERY AGGRIVATING.Please tell me how to stop it...
  8. file explorer view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer view settings keep resetting: I set the view settings for show hidden folders and show file extensions. Everything is fine. At some point, maybe within a week or maybe when Windows does an update, it changes back to no extensions and no hidden folders.This is VERY AGGRIVATING.Please tell me how to stop it...
  9. file explorer view settings keep resetting

10. Reverting setting for File Explorer

Reverting setting for File Explorer: I want to delete unnecessary files from my external hard drive recycle bin to get more space in the hard drive. I do have the instructions as to how to do that. But my question is: After you delete these files, how do you revert the File Explorer settings to normal. After all...