Windows 10: Explorer view options greyed out/bug

Discus and support Explorer view options greyed out/bug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is this weird entry under the change folder and search options that won't get removed. I tried SFC and DISM, reset explorer, scanned for malware,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MGENZ, Sep 27, 2022.

1. MGENZ Win User

Explorer view options greyed out/bug

There is this weird entry under the change folder and search options that won't get removed. I tried SFC and DISM, reset explorer, scanned for malware, checked for updates, and nothing worked. I have to point out i tried to use "winfilefolder", but Bitdefender automatically blocks it "PowerShell tried to load a malicious resource detected as Heur.BZC.ZFV.Boxter.501.3BC60D0D and was blocked. Your device is safe.". Any help is very much appreciated.

:)

MGENZ, Sep 27, 2022

2. in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to change the view options in File Explorer as it’s greyed out.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build (1903/1909) installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to refer this article and check:
    Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 27, 2022
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 27, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

file explorer view options

Hi Anna

At the top of Explorer, do you not see the View Ribbon, and if that is not expanded, if you double click that is should stay expanded

Another option, in Files Explorer is, navigate to a folder, then press Ctrl and scroll up or down, that will work the view through all options (List, Details, Small Icons, Large Icons . . etc.)

DaveM121, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Explorer view options greyed out/bug - Similar Threads - Explorer view options

2. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  3. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  4. Explorer view options greyed out/bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer view options greyed out/bug: There is this weird entry under the change folder and search options that won't get removed. I tried SFC and DISM, reset explorer, scanned for malware, checked for updates, and nothing worked. I have to point out i tried to use "winfilefolder", but Bitdefender automatically...
  5. Explorer view options greyed out/bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer view options greyed out/bug: There is this weird entry under the change folder and search options that won't get removed. I tried SFC and DISM, reset explorer, scanned for malware, checked for updates, and nothing worked. I have to point out i tried to use "winfilefolder", but Bitdefender automatically...
  6. Resize photo options greyed out in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resize photo options greyed out in Explorer: Hi the size options, other than custom, don't work Hugh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-photo-options-greyed-out-in-explorer/4e5ef3ab-ecb0-438e-bc7d-5cb3d8ca38bf
  7. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  8. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  9. in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out: the options to change the view from large icons is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-folder-view-options-for-changing-the-view/70c13404-1fa8-47aa-a9da-96d6835b8ce1
  10. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...