Windows 10: explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder

Discus and support explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi.Each time i opened(refreshing) specific folder(others is not affected),memory and virtual(shared) memory of explorer.exe increased up to 200mb.(its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bymka, Aug 9, 2017.

1. bymka Win User

explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder

hi.Each time i opened(refreshing) specific folder(others is not affected),memory and virtual(shared) memory of explorer.exe increased up to 200mb.(its not tumbnail view - checked)
    In time consumption of real memory became normal but virtual do not unload.
    reset the process helps but its not the solution
    like opened folder 10 times

explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder [​IMG]

win10x64 creators update
    sfc /scannow and health - okay
    memory test - okay
    rammap shows as private process
    process explorer after 20 times opened folder

minidump of the explorer.exe process
    explorer.dmp

:)

bymka, Aug 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 Wifi ''Default gateway not available'' problem

For now my biggest problem with Windows 10 is this, my second problem with windows 10 is the slow delay to open file explorer every time I save or open a file. It seems like every time I go to open file explorer windows scans the whole HD in search of
    files it's pretty much the file explorer stops responding for a long time, it seems to see some problem with cache or virtual memory or something like that

Isaque Neves Sant'Ana, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Memory Management Error after Windows 10 update

Old title: Memory Management Error

I am using Windows 10, it was crashing number of times with same memory management error, i have increased virtual memory and problem solve, but since last night Microsoft decided to update windows 10 and i am back to same problem, even now increasing virtual
    memory doesn't make any difference. Microsoft really sucks sometimes

Kashif_Riaz00, Aug 9, 2017
  4. bymka Win User

Found the solution.The problem turned out to be banal.The folder was optimise as video, change to the general files, stopped generating those memory leaks.Thanks Microsoft.This is a problem with thumbnails, from which year does it last?

bymka, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

1. explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder - Similar Threads - explorer virtual memory

2. My File Explorer keeps openning the homepage every time I try to open a folder or disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps openning the homepage every time I try to open a folder or disk: In File Explorer, when I try to open a disk, a folder, or even the Control Panel, the File Explorer keeps returning to its homepage in a new window. This also happens to some features' windows when I access them via Settings. Recently, I have installed GNS3 and some virtual...
  3. My File Explorer keeps openning the homepage every time I try to open a folder or disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps openning the homepage every time I try to open a folder or disk: In File Explorer, when I try to open a disk, a folder, or even the Control Panel, the File Explorer keeps returning to its homepage in a new window. This also happens to some features' windows when I access them via Settings. Recently, I have installed GNS3 and some virtual...
  4. Increasing virtual memory on set of AVD sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing virtual memory on set of AVD sessions: Hello everyone I have a customer for whom we have provisioned 80-90 numbers of Azure Virtual desktops in Azure pooled environment.After we put it in production, users faced performance issue with slowness of system and overrun of application based buffer size. When I drilled...
  5. Increasing virtual memory on set of AVD sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing virtual memory on set of AVD sessions: Hello everyone I have a customer for whom we have provisioned 80-90 numbers of Azure Virtual desktops in Azure pooled environment.After we put it in production, users faced performance issue with slowness of system and overrun of application based buffer size. When I drilled...
  6. Increasing virtual memory on set of AVD sessions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder: Hi, My file explore kept crashing when I try to open the download folder. No access issue with other folders, so I'm not sure what is going on. Thanks for the help....
  8. BSOD and Virtual Memory usage steadily increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Virtual Memory usage steadily increasing: I have a Vivobook S14 with it being up to date to Windows. I installed a third party program which tracks memory and cleans it. Whenever I check it, virtual memory usage always starts to slowly increase. Once it reaches 98%,simple programs like Google Chrome start to fail,...
  9. How to get Rid of Increased Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to get Rid of Increased Virtual Memory: [img] Yesterday its showing 2.7gb Virtual memory but today it increased to this much. How to get back 2.7 gb Virtual Memory to save space on my 120gb WD Green SSD. 148201
  10. Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder: Hello Tenforums! First I'd like you to thank you for all the times you've helped a frusterated little guy with his PC-problems - even thought I never registrered, I've been here quite some times. The problem Anyways, on to the problem. As the title states; every time I...